Group proposes memorial park in Oconomowoc
A committee has formed to develop a Memorial Park in the City of Oconomowoc into a place to honor veterans. The committee is working with the local VFW, Vietnam Veterans of America and American Legion on the project.
The committee is also proposing the park be named Admiral Dirk Debbink Veterans Honor Park and Memorial Garden.
Debbink is a longtime Oconomowoc resident, OHS graduate, has served the community in various ways including on the School Board.
The city's Park and Recreation Board has approved renaming the park. Officials were set to discuss more on this at Tuesday's Common Council meeting.
Watch for more on this story in the Oconomowoc Focus.
Top stories from the Lake Country area. Tuesday afternoons and Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
Do you have news or a nonprofit event that you would like to share with the community? Whether it's a community organization, a business, a local school, or a notable neighbor, we'd love to hear about it.
- Member celebrates 94th birthday Tues Apr 21st
- Celebrate Spring with Schauer Community School of the Arts
- Hamilton student experiences government program
- Hamilton Band Boosters host Annual Spring Tasting
- Hamilton drama to present “Charlotte’s Web”
- Local Chiropractors Discuss: Arthritis Doesn't Have to Mean It's Time to Slow Down
- Hamilton announces March students of the month
- AAUW Oconomowoc awarding two local scholarships
Lake Country residents share their views on news, happenings and current events.
LivingLakeCountry.com features more than a dozen community bloggers - a group of volunteer conversation leaders who are up on the latest topics and never short on an opinion. Just a few are pictured here. Check out the rest and see what they have to say!
View All Blogs
Do you want to become a Community Blogger? LivingLakeCountry.com welcomes your thoughts and opinions. Contact us for more information:
I want to blog