Is there a burn ban in your community?
Burn bans in Lake Country are sprouting faster than green grass these days. With the dry conditions and prevailing hot weather Lake Country Publications interviewed area fire chiefs to see if they have instituted bans in their communities and what that entails.
The City of Oconomowoc issued a burn ban last week covering the city, town and Village of Lac La Belle. Neighboring Ashippun joined shortly after and other surrounding communities have also issued bans.
Bans range from outdoor burning and campfires to even fireworks precautions. The City of Oconomowoc has modified its upcoming fireworks display in an attempt to avoid trouble in dry conditions.
Watch for more on this story in Thursday's Index, Focus and Reporter.
Top stories from the Lake Country area. Tuesday afternoons and Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
Celebrate Lake Country
communities with stories
Do you have news or a nonprofit event that you would like to share with the community? Whether it's a community organization, a business, a local school, or a notable neighbor, we'd love to hear about it.
- Macy Anderson, Dousman Resident, Joins Wallner Builders as Design Facilitator
- Waukesha County’s Mukwonago Park Dog Exercise Area Grand Opening Announced
- THANK YOU FOR SUPPORTING OUR COOKOUT FOR A CURE
- NIKOLAI STRIKES BACK
- Ameriprise Advisor, Hartland Resident, Achieves Circle of Success Recognition
- Local Chiropractors Discuss: Does Chiropractic Help Back Pain Associated with Pregnancy?
- Families can apply for free, reduced lunches
- Hamilton schools plan for start of classes
Lake Country residents share their views on news, happenings and current events.
LivingLakeCountry.com features more than a dozen community bloggers - a group of volunteer conversation leaders who are up on the latest topics and never short on an opinion. Just a few are pictured here. Check out the rest and see what they have to say!
View All Blogs
Do you want to become a Community Blogger? LivingLakeCountry.com welcomes your thoughts and opinions. Contact us for more information:
I want to blog