Running out of food at Sussex pantry
The Sussex Food Pantry is in dire need of donations. Executive Director Jennifer Waltz contaced the Sun Wednesday afternoon saying the pantry shelves are bare and that it's completely out of these items: canned meat, rice sides, cans of fruit, and juice.
"We also need baby formula, diapers and toilet paper," Waltz said.
You can drop of donations from 8:30 a.m. to noon Monday through Friday and also when the pantry is open from 5:30 to 7 p.m. Mondays and 10 a.m. to noon Saturdays (note the pantry will be closed Saturday, July 14 because of the Lions Daze parade).
You can also help this weekend.
The Lannon Lions are hosting a brat fry and donation drive beginning at 8 a.m. Saturday at Piggly Wiggly. They will be at the Pig before and during the Lions Day Parade. They are collecting clothing and food donations that morning. All proceeds and donations will benefit SOS.
For more information, contact Jim Pritzlaff at (262) 353-8737.
During the parade, members of the Sussex Lions Club will walk the route, collecting monetary and food donations. The parade begins at 10 a.m. on Main Street (about a block or two west of Waukesha Avenue), and continues west on Main Street to Sussex Village Park.
Top stories from the Lake Country area. Tuesday afternoons and Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
AS IT APPEARED IN PRINT: PDF collection of Oconomowoc "Athletic Fields Forever" coverage.
Celebrate Lake Country
communities with stories
Do you have news or a nonprofit event that you would like to share with the community? Whether it's a community organization, a business, a local school, or a notable neighbor, we'd love to hear about it.
- 24th Annual Milwaukee/NARI Fall Home & Remodeling Show
- LEARN ABOUT COMMON CORE SEPT. 20
- Mukwonago's Bark for Life to Benefit American Cancer Society
- All God’s Children of Delafield Announces A New Playground Being Built; Special Participation Event Mon., Sept. 15
- Hamilton again on Newsweek’s “Best High Schools” list
- Public Hearing on Town of Merton Garbage Pickup
- Christ the King Church of Delafield Announces New Worship Schedule; Adds Singer/Guitarist/Songwriter Dave Gerhartz to Music Staff
- Household and Agricultural Hazardous Waste Special Collection: Saturday, September 13 – Oconomowoc
Lake Country residents share their views on news, happenings and current events.
LivingLakeCountry.com features more than a dozen community bloggers - a group of volunteer conversation leaders who are up on the latest topics and never short on an opinion. Just a few are pictured here. Check out the rest and see what they have to say!
View All Blogs
Do you want to become a Community Blogger? LivingLakeCountry.com welcomes your thoughts and opinions. Contact us for more information:
I want to blog