Campfires banned in KM State Forest
Campfires have been banned in four Wisconsin State Parks system properties, including, locally, the Lapham Peak unit in Delafield and the Southern unit in Eagle. Richard Bong State Recreation Area and Big Foot Beach State Park also have bans on campfires.
The ban was issued because of extreme drought conditions and high to very high fire danger conditions, according to a news release from the state Department of Natural Resources.
"The cured, brown grass will catch fire easily and will burn readily. We need the public to help prevent fires by being aware of current conditions and by following the burn ban guidelines,” said Trent Marty, DNR forest protection director.
For more information about the current fire danger and information on burning restrictions, visit dnr.wi.gov, keyword "fire."
Top stories from the Lake Country area. Tuesday afternoons and Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
Click here for stories
on community pride
Do you have news or a nonprofit event that you would like to share with the community? Whether it's a community organization, a business, a local school, or a notable neighbor, we'd love to hear about it.
- Mindful Mixed Mediums Project: in Memory of Lake Country Artist, Kathy Boritzke (Hosted by The Oconomowoc Festival of the Arts), is Looking for 5th-8th Grade Visual Arts and Creative Writing Students to Participate
- CHRISTIAN CONFERENCE ADDRESSES DISPUTED TOPICS IN WAUKESHA PEWAUKEE
- Five By Design Brings Club Swing to Schauer Center
- FREE Workshops Teach Eco-friendly Methods
- Wisconsin Watercolor Society Exhibit at the Schauer Center
- "Brass at Night" concert by Milwaukee Festival Brass
- Local Youth Perform with New York Theatre Ballet in Cinderella & Other Tales
- Local Chiropractors Discuss: Are You Sitting Properly?
Lake Country residents share their views on news, happenings and current events.
LivingLakeCountry.com features more than a dozen community bloggers - a group of volunteer conversation leaders who are up on the latest topics and never short on an opinion. Just a few are pictured here. Check out the rest and see what they have to say!
View All Blogs
Do you want to become a Community Blogger? LivingLakeCountry.com welcomes your thoughts and opinions. Contact us for more information:
I want to blog