Campfires banned in KM State Forest
Campfires have been banned in four Wisconsin State Parks system properties, including, locally, the Lapham Peak unit in Delafield and the Southern unit in Eagle. Richard Bong State Recreation Area and Big Foot Beach State Park also have bans on campfires.
The ban was issued because of extreme drought conditions and high to very high fire danger conditions, according to a news release from the state Department of Natural Resources.
"The cured, brown grass will catch fire easily and will burn readily. We need the public to help prevent fires by being aware of current conditions and by following the burn ban guidelines,” said Trent Marty, DNR forest protection director.
For more information about the current fire danger and information on burning restrictions, visit dnr.wi.gov, keyword "fire."
Top stories from the Lake Country area. Tuesday afternoons and Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
Celebrate Lake Country
communities with stories
Do you have news or a nonprofit event that you would like to share with the community? Whether it's a community organization, a business, a local school, or a notable neighbor, we'd love to hear about it.
- Macy Anderson, Dousman Resident, Joins Wallner Builders as Design Facilitator
- Waukesha County’s Mukwonago Park Dog Exercise Area Grand Opening Announced
- THANK YOU FOR SUPPORTING OUR COOKOUT FOR A CURE
- NIKOLAI STRIKES BACK
- Ameriprise Advisor, Hartland Resident, Achieves Circle of Success Recognition
- Local Chiropractors Discuss: Does Chiropractic Help Back Pain Associated with Pregnancy?
- Families can apply for free, reduced lunches
- Hamilton schools plan for start of classes
Lake Country residents share their views on news, happenings and current events.
LivingLakeCountry.com features more than a dozen community bloggers - a group of volunteer conversation leaders who are up on the latest topics and never short on an opinion. Just a few are pictured here. Check out the rest and see what they have to say!
View All Blogs
Do you want to become a Community Blogger? LivingLakeCountry.com welcomes your thoughts and opinions. Contact us for more information:
I want to blog