Discovery Channel to air story of Jefferson County murder
Viewers are invited to hear accounts from a Jefferson County Sheriff officers and the family of Timothy Hack and Kelly Drew who were murdered near Sullivan in 1980.
Discovery Channel's true crime show, Stolen Voices, Buried Secrets will air "Deadly Harvest" which tells the story of the murder of Drew and Hack. The couple, of Fort Atkinson, disappeared after attending a wedding reception at the Concord House in Sullivan. Months passed with no sign of them until hunters found their decaying bodies near a wooded area in Ixonia.
The murder became a cold case for 30 years until a federal grant put forth resources to reinvestigate. Edward W. Edwards was arrested as a suspect and his DNA later matched semen found on Drew's clothes.
Edwards was convicted in the double slayings in 2010 and died in prison in April of 2011.
The show will air at 9:30 p.m. on Discovery. Check your local listings for channel and other information.
Top stories from the Lake Country area. Tuesday afternoons and Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
Click here for stories
on community pride
Do you have news or a nonprofit event that you would like to share with the community? Whether it's a community organization, a business, a local school, or a notable neighbor, we'd love to hear about it.
- Mindful Mixed Mediums Project: in Memory of Lake Country Artist, Kathy Boritzke (Hosted by The Oconomowoc Festival of the Arts), is Looking for 5th-8th Grade Visual Arts and Creative Writing Students to Participate
- CHRISTIAN CONFERENCE ADDRESSES DISPUTED TOPICS IN WAUKESHA PEWAUKEE
- Five By Design Brings Club Swing to Schauer Center
- FREE Workshops Teach Eco-friendly Methods
- Wisconsin Watercolor Society Exhibit at the Schauer Center
- "Brass at Night" concert by Milwaukee Festival Brass
- Local Youth Perform with New York Theatre Ballet in Cinderella & Other Tales
- Local Chiropractors Discuss: Are You Sitting Properly?
Lake Country residents share their views on news, happenings and current events.
LivingLakeCountry.com features more than a dozen community bloggers - a group of volunteer conversation leaders who are up on the latest topics and never short on an opinion. Just a few are pictured here. Check out the rest and see what they have to say!
View All Blogs
Do you want to become a Community Blogger? LivingLakeCountry.com welcomes your thoughts and opinions. Contact us for more information:
I want to blog