Fowler Lake residents want goose roundup
A group of Fowler Lake residents want a goose roundup despite a recommendation from the city to hold off on one.
Discussions related to a roundup began last year. Options were presented including spending $5,000 to round up geese which could include oiling eggs and catching geese. The geese would be harvested for their meat and the meat sent to food pantries.
One resident said the geese have become a significant problem. He said their feces is abundant in Fowler Park and is bad at resident beaches and homes.
A motion was presented and approved at the lake management district's money to commit the money for a roundup.
Top stories from the Lake Country area. Tuesday afternoons and Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
Do you have news or a nonprofit event that you would like to share with the community? Whether it's a community organization, a business, a local school, or a notable neighbor, we'd love to hear about it.
- Member celebrates 94th birthday Tues Apr 21st
- Celebrate Spring with Schauer Community School of the Arts
- Hamilton student experiences government program
- Hamilton Band Boosters host Annual Spring Tasting
- Hamilton drama to present “Charlotte’s Web”
- Local Chiropractors Discuss: Arthritis Doesn't Have to Mean It's Time to Slow Down
- Hamilton announces March students of the month
- AAUW Oconomowoc awarding two local scholarships
Lake Country residents share their views on news, happenings and current events.
LivingLakeCountry.com features more than a dozen community bloggers - a group of volunteer conversation leaders who are up on the latest topics and never short on an opinion. Just a few are pictured here. Check out the rest and see what they have to say!
View All Blogs
Do you want to become a Community Blogger? LivingLakeCountry.com welcomes your thoughts and opinions. Contact us for more information:
I want to blog