Wrong-way driver sends woman by Flight
A 20-year-old Oconomowoc woman remains in intensive care at Froedtert Hospital after a 43-year-old Hartland woman hit her vehicle at about 11 p.m. July 17 while driving the wrong way on Highway 16.
According to the Waukesha Sheriff’s Department, the Hartland woman was driving east in the westbound lane of Highway 16 just west of Highway 83 in the City of Delafield in her red SUV when she struck almost head-on the Oconomowoc woman’s white four-door sedan.
The Oconomowoc woman was taken by Flight for Life to Froedtert Hospital with undetermined injuries. The Hartland woman was taken to Aurora Summit with non-life-threatening injuries.
The Hartland woman was cited for drunken driving causing injury.
The crash remains under investigation by the Sheriff’s Department. The names of those involved in the crash were not yet available.
Top stories from the Lake Country area. Tuesday afternoons and Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
A Lake Country Twist
on holiday favorites
Click here for stories
on community pride
Do you have news or a nonprofit event that you would like to share with the community? Whether it's a community organization, a business, a local school, or a notable neighbor, we'd love to hear about it.
- Taylor J. Poehls, DC, CKTP named Top Chiropractor for second straight year in “Best of Milwaukee 2013”
- Ballroom is Back at the Schauer Center!
- Grow Your Creative Side at the Schauer Center
- Local Chiropractors Discuss: Surgery or Chiropractic for Chronic Sciatica Sufferers?
- Hamilton announces November students of the month
- Freshman Seminar collects, wraps gifts for adopted family
- New Zounds Hearing Center Offers Greater Performance, Ease of Use for Hearing Aid Wearers
- Kids Can Create a Masterpiece with Youth Visual Art Classes
Lake Country residents share their views on news, happenings and current events.
LivingLakeCountry.com features more than a dozen community bloggers - a group of volunteer conversation leaders who are up on the latest topics and never short on an opinion. Just a few are pictured here. Check out the rest and see what they have to say!
View All Blogs
Do you want to become a Community Blogger? LivingLakeCountry.com welcomes your thoughts and opinions. Contact us for more information:
I want to blog