Archery season now open
Wisconsin archery deer hunting season opened on Saturday, Sept. 15 and runs to Nov. 15 and again Nov. 17-Jan. 6.
Many archers will be happy to see that there is no four day October gun hunt, which means the season will remain uninterrupted except for the two day statewide youth hunt Oct. 6-7.
Archery deer hunters will be allowed to hunt during the regular nine-day deer hunt in November, and, new this year, they will be able to fill a gun license deer tag with a bow or crossbow during the gun deer season.
While deer are not evenly distributed across the state, the Dept. of Natural Resources expects a good season this year. They've pointed to mild winters and high fawn populations in spring.
Archers shot the third all-time highest number of bucks last year. There were 255,423 licensed archers in 2011 who shot a total of 90,200 deer.
Top stories from the Lake Country area. Tuesday afternoons and Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
Celebrate Lake Country
communities with stories
Do you have news or a nonprofit event that you would like to share with the community? Whether it's a community organization, a business, a local school, or a notable neighbor, we'd love to hear about it.
- Macy Anderson, Dousman Resident, Joins Wallner Builders as Design Facilitator
- Waukesha County’s Mukwonago Park Dog Exercise Area Grand Opening Announced
- THANK YOU FOR SUPPORTING OUR COOKOUT FOR A CURE
- NIKOLAI STRIKES BACK
- Ameriprise Advisor, Hartland Resident, Achieves Circle of Success Recognition
- Local Chiropractors Discuss: Does Chiropractic Help Back Pain Associated with Pregnancy?
- Families can apply for free, reduced lunches
- Hamilton schools plan for start of classes
Lake Country residents share their views on news, happenings and current events.
LivingLakeCountry.com features more than a dozen community bloggers - a group of volunteer conversation leaders who are up on the latest topics and never short on an opinion. Just a few are pictured here. Check out the rest and see what they have to say!
View All Blogs
Do you want to become a Community Blogger? LivingLakeCountry.com welcomes your thoughts and opinions. Contact us for more information:
I want to blog