Kindergartners find their zen with yoga
Kindergarten students at Ixonia Elementary are noticeably more balanced after their teacher decided to have them try some yoga.
Jennifer Ellis said she introduced yoga to her students to help them build their core and gross motor skills. Ellis said the yoga also helps the students' focus and attention span.
Said Ellis, “Since we began, I have noticed that yoga has had a calming effect and allows students to better focus on their tasks.” She added, “It has really built our classroom ‘family’ and given students success as a team.”
Watch for tips on how you can help your children relax and focus at home and photos of the kindergarten yoga in Thursday's Oconomowoc Focus.
Top stories from the Lake Country area. Tuesday afternoons and Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
Do you have news or a nonprofit event that you would like to share with the community? Whether it's a community organization, a business, a local school, or a notable neighbor, we'd love to hear about it.
- Member celebrates 94th birthday Tues Apr 21st
- Celebrate Spring with Schauer Community School of the Arts
- Hamilton student experiences government program
- Hamilton Band Boosters host Annual Spring Tasting
- Hamilton drama to present “Charlotte’s Web”
- Local Chiropractors Discuss: Arthritis Doesn't Have to Mean It's Time to Slow Down
- Hamilton announces March students of the month
- AAUW Oconomowoc awarding two local scholarships
Lake Country residents share their views on news, happenings and current events.
LivingLakeCountry.com features more than a dozen community bloggers - a group of volunteer conversation leaders who are up on the latest topics and never short on an opinion. Just a few are pictured here. Check out the rest and see what they have to say!
View All Blogs
Do you want to become a Community Blogger? LivingLakeCountry.com welcomes your thoughts and opinions. Contact us for more information:
I want to blog