Candidate steps forward for 98th Assembly seat
A candidate has stepped forward as a candidate for the 98th Assembly seat, which is expected to be vacated if Rep. Paul Farrow (R-Pewakee) takes the 33rd State Senate seat in the December election.
Matt Morzy (R-Waukesha) will seek Farrow's Asssembly seat.
Farrow won both the primary for the Senate position and the 98th Assembly spot in Tuesday's election. He is uncontested in December's general election for the Senate seat. If he wins that election, his Assembly seat would be vacated and would be filled in a special election, possibly in spring. Gov. Scott Walker has not set a date for such an election.
“I hope to continue to deliver the same great representation to the 98th Assembly district that (Farrow) provided,” Morzy said in a prepared statement. “I am a proud supporter of the fiscal commonsense approach to leadership that Gov. Walker and the Wisconsin Republicans have shown in the last two years. I pledge that I will look to pass budgets that provide for us now and in the future, work to improve the economic outlook in Wisconsin, and to provide for our veterans that have sacrificed so much for us.”
A lifelong Wisconsin resident, Morzy has lived in Waukesha County since he enrolled at Carroll University in 2001. He graduated in 2005 from Carroll with a bachelor's of business administration in finance and is pursuing a master's degree in finance from Marqueet University.
Top stories from the Lake Country area. Tuesday afternoons and Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
Celebrate Lake Country
communities with stories
Do you have news or a nonprofit event that you would like to share with the community? Whether it's a community organization, a business, a local school, or a notable neighbor, we'd love to hear about it.
- 24th Annual Milwaukee/NARI Fall Home & Remodeling Show
- LEARN ABOUT COMMON CORE SEPT. 20
- Mukwonago's Bark for Life to Benefit American Cancer Society
- All God’s Children of Delafield Announces A New Playground Being Built; Special Participation Event Mon., Sept. 15
- Hamilton again on Newsweek’s “Best High Schools” list
- Public Hearing on Town of Merton Garbage Pickup
- Christ the King Church of Delafield Announces New Worship Schedule; Adds Singer/Guitarist/Songwriter Dave Gerhartz to Music Staff
- Household and Agricultural Hazardous Waste Special Collection: Saturday, September 13 – Oconomowoc
Lake Country residents share their views on news, happenings and current events.
LivingLakeCountry.com features more than a dozen community bloggers - a group of volunteer conversation leaders who are up on the latest topics and never short on an opinion. Just a few are pictured here. Check out the rest and see what they have to say!
View All Blogs
Do you want to become a Community Blogger? LivingLakeCountry.com welcomes your thoughts and opinions. Contact us for more information:
I want to blog