Arrowhead grad posts first blog from Africa
In August, we wrote about Arrowhead High School's recent graduate Marisa Comeau-Kerege's big trip to Africa.
Today, she posted her first blog titled "Adjustsments" from Senegal and she writes about her transition from Stanford University to Senegal's capitol, Dakar.
Comeau-Kerege is traveling through Global Citizen Year, a corps-type program that recruits and trains graduating seniors in service and leadership.
In her blog, she writes, "This isn’t our 'perfect' little world anymore. This isn’t our culture. This isn’t what I expected. I realized quickly that I really hadn’t prepared myself for this year at all."
Top stories from the Lake Country area. Tuesday afternoons and Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
A Lake Country Twist
on holiday favorites
Click here for stories
on community pride
Do you have news or a nonprofit event that you would like to share with the community? Whether it's a community organization, a business, a local school, or a notable neighbor, we'd love to hear about it.
- CPA Presents - "Avner the Eccentric"
- Hamilton National Honor Society hosts food drive
- Hamilton students selected for Honors Band Festival
- Need some holiday gift ideas for that golfer in your life?
- Elation Dance Center Presents: Wonders of the Season
- Cornerstone Community Bank Hosting Cash Drive for Menomonee Falls Area Food Pantry
- Santa Lucia Festival & Craft Fair Dec. 7
- Local Chiropractors Discuss: Fun With Google Body Browser
Lake Country residents share their views on news, happenings and current events.
LivingLakeCountry.com features more than a dozen community bloggers - a group of volunteer conversation leaders who are up on the latest topics and never short on an opinion. Just a few are pictured here. Check out the rest and see what they have to say!
View All Blogs
Do you want to become a Community Blogger? LivingLakeCountry.com welcomes your thoughts and opinions. Contact us for more information:
I want to blog