Experience German Christmas traditions in Oconomowoc
Organizers of the city's inaugural German Christmas Market have been hard at work the past few weeks readying the downtown attraction that will be open Thanksgiving weekend.
A miniature village has been cropping up on the city's Village Green at Main Street and Wisconsin Avenue. The event will begin at 4 p.m. on Friday, Nov. 23.
Twenty-five wooden European chalets will house vendors, a concert stage will have musicians rotate to entertain market-goers and children can take photos with Father Christmas with a portion of the proceeds donated to Hurricane Sandy relief.
Outside the market, Wisconsin Avenue will shut down and a 50-foot movie screen will run a reel of holiday movies while the downtown merchants offer holiday specials, carriage rides, carolers and more.
For more information, visit www.GermanChristmasMarket.org
Watch for more on this story in Tuesday's Oconomowoc Focus.
Top stories from the Lake Country area. Tuesday afternoons and Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
Click here for stories
on community pride
Do you have news or a nonprofit event that you would like to share with the community? Whether it's a community organization, a business, a local school, or a notable neighbor, we'd love to hear about it.
- Mindful Mixed Mediums Project: in Memory of Lake Country Artist, Kathy Boritzke (Hosted by The Oconomowoc Festival of the Arts), is Looking for 5th-8th Grade Visual Arts and Creative Writing Students to Participate
- CHRISTIAN CONFERENCE ADDRESSES DISPUTED TOPICS IN WAUKESHA PEWAUKEE
- Five By Design Brings Club Swing to Schauer Center
- FREE Workshops Teach Eco-friendly Methods
- Wisconsin Watercolor Society Exhibit at the Schauer Center
- "Brass at Night" concert by Milwaukee Festival Brass
- Local Youth Perform with New York Theatre Ballet in Cinderella & Other Tales
- Local Chiropractors Discuss: Are You Sitting Properly?
Lake Country residents share their views on news, happenings and current events.
LivingLakeCountry.com features more than a dozen community bloggers - a group of volunteer conversation leaders who are up on the latest topics and never short on an opinion. Just a few are pictured here. Check out the rest and see what they have to say!
View All Blogs
Do you want to become a Community Blogger? LivingLakeCountry.com welcomes your thoughts and opinions. Contact us for more information:
I want to blog