Waukesha businessman announces candidacy for 98th Assembly District
A Waukesha small-business owner, Adam Neylon (R), has announced his candidacy for the 98th Assembly District.
The district is expected to be vacated, as Rep. Paul Farrow earlier this month won the Republican primary for the 33rd State Senate District. He will run unopposed in a special election Dec. 4. The 33rd Senate seat is open, since Sen. Rich Zipperer stepped down to take a position in Gov. Scott Walker's administration.
“I’m excited about the opportunity to take my message to the people of the 98th Assembly District and discuss my vision for the future of Waukesha County,” said Neylon. “I believe in a common sense approach to government, and providing a plan to grow the economy, create jobs and improve education.”
The 98th Assembly District consists of Pewaukee, Sussex, the upper half of the City of Waukesha, and a small portion of Lisbon.
Neylon is the owner and president of the Neylon Group, a commercial window cleaning company in the City of Waukesha. He has five years of legislative experience working for Congressman Jim Sensenbrenner and Rep. Bill Kramer. During the 2010 election he served as the Waukesha County field director for the Republican Party of Wisconsin. He has been a member of the Republican Party of Waukesha County for the past six years, and previously served on the Executive Board.
Top stories from the Lake Country area. Tuesday afternoons and Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
Celebrate Lake Country
communities with stories
Do you have news or a nonprofit event that you would like to share with the community? Whether it's a community organization, a business, a local school, or a notable neighbor, we'd love to hear about it.
- 24th Annual Milwaukee/NARI Fall Home & Remodeling Show
- LEARN ABOUT COMMON CORE SEPT. 20
- Mukwonago's Bark for Life to Benefit American Cancer Society
- All God’s Children of Delafield Announces A New Playground Being Built; Special Participation Event Mon., Sept. 15
- Hamilton again on Newsweek’s “Best High Schools” list
- Public Hearing on Town of Merton Garbage Pickup
- Christ the King Church of Delafield Announces New Worship Schedule; Adds Singer/Guitarist/Songwriter Dave Gerhartz to Music Staff
- Household and Agricultural Hazardous Waste Special Collection: Saturday, September 13 – Oconomowoc
Lake Country residents share their views on news, happenings and current events.
LivingLakeCountry.com features more than a dozen community bloggers - a group of volunteer conversation leaders who are up on the latest topics and never short on an opinion. Just a few are pictured here. Check out the rest and see what they have to say!
View All Blogs
Do you want to become a Community Blogger? LivingLakeCountry.com welcomes your thoughts and opinions. Contact us for more information:
I want to blog