Sussex boy sets out to change the world, and he does
Jared Pietila, 11, most likely will get an A+ on a recent assignment his teacher gave his classroom - do something to change the world.
Jared decided to run a stuffed animal drive. He said he loves stuffed animals and figured others might feel better with a soft friend to keep them company. And Jared's good will was infectious. His idea made it all the way to Milwaukee where businesses and groups donated more than 150 stuffed animals.
On Wednesday, Jared delivered the animals to Sussex Area Outreach Services and the Salvation Army. The 11-year-old said it felt good to be able to help others and he is already thinking about his next venture.
Read this story in next week's Sussex Sun.
Top stories from the Lake Country area. Tuesday afternoons and Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
A Lake Country Twist
on holiday favorites
Click here for stories
on community pride
Do you have news or a nonprofit event that you would like to share with the community? Whether it's a community organization, a business, a local school, or a notable neighbor, we'd love to hear about it.
- CPA Presents - "Avner the Eccentric"
- Hamilton National Honor Society hosts food drive
- Hamilton students selected for Honors Band Festival
- Need some holiday gift ideas for that golfer in your life?
- Elation Dance Center Presents: Wonders of the Season
- Cornerstone Community Bank Hosting Cash Drive for Menomonee Falls Area Food Pantry
- Santa Lucia Festival & Craft Fair Dec. 7
- Local Chiropractors Discuss: Fun With Google Body Browser
Lake Country residents share their views on news, happenings and current events.
LivingLakeCountry.com features more than a dozen community bloggers - a group of volunteer conversation leaders who are up on the latest topics and never short on an opinion. Just a few are pictured here. Check out the rest and see what they have to say!
View All Blogs
Do you want to become a Community Blogger? LivingLakeCountry.com welcomes your thoughts and opinions. Contact us for more information:
I want to blog