Oconomowoc Police Chief: Roads clear now, but could get icy later
Town of Oconomowoc Police Chief James Wallis said that town roads were clear and it appeared that county roads were cleared off around 10 a.m. on Thursday.
Wallis said that weather in the area currently is a mix of rain and snow creating slush on the roads.
"Right now the roads are fine. They're salted, but the rain can wash the salt off the roads and then if the temperature drops, we worry about ice," he said.
The chief suggested that people stay home.
He said icy roads, high winds and snowy conditions are anticipated later today. So far, he said no accidents have been reported, "but that could change within minutes. I encourage people to stay home," said the chief.
Top stories from the Lake Country area. Tuesday afternoons and Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
» Tee time
Click here for stories
on community pride
Do you have news or a nonprofit event that you would like to share with the community? Whether it's a community organization, a business, a local school, or a notable neighbor, we'd love to hear about it.
- AAUW Oconomowoc awarding two local scholarships
- Community Blood Drive Hosted by Christ the King Church of Delafield
- Waukesha BluesFest Announces 2014 Entertainment Line-up - Tickets on Sale Tues., April 15
- Christ the King Presents Good Friday Cantata; Easter Services Announced
- Free Community Open House
- Midwest Penguins Announce Expanded Big Ball Bash Volleyball Event May 2 & 3
- "Be the Voice of Catholic Women!" Attend the MACCW Convention!
- Hamilton performs at Jazz Festival
Lake Country residents share their views on news, happenings and current events.
LivingLakeCountry.com features more than a dozen community bloggers - a group of volunteer conversation leaders who are up on the latest topics and never short on an opinion. Just a few are pictured here. Check out the rest and see what they have to say!
View All Blogs
Do you want to become a Community Blogger? LivingLakeCountry.com welcomes your thoughts and opinions. Contact us for more information:
I want to blog