City of Oconomowoc rolls out snow cleanup plan heading into Friday
The snow event we're in the middle of means that cleanup crews like the staff for the City of Oconomowoc will be putting in long hours over the next couple of days.
Public Works Director Mark Frye said Thursday afternoon the city had three trucks out salting roads between 1 and 3 a.m. and beyond the trucks, 17 pieces of snow equipment were out working on snow removal this morning until 10:30 a.m.
"Between 10:30 and 3:30 pm eight trucks were working on clean up and opening catch basins to reduce street flooding from the rain," said Frye.
And the work continues from now until Friday when Frye said three trucks will be in the city working until midnight to keep the main roads clear and available to assist any emergency personnel that may need help.
"Starting at midnight, the snow is predicted to be done by then, we will once again have 17 pieces of equipment working on snow removal. The crews will work 16 hours on Friday and come back in at midnight to remove the snow from the downtown in time for the last shopping weekend before Christmas," said Frye.He added that it takes employees from the city Public Works, Parks, Wastewater, Water and Electric departments to clear and remove snow. "We are fortunate to have employees dedicated to working multiple, 16-hour days especially when the snow events go on for an extended period of time," said Frye.
Top stories from the Lake Country area. Tuesday afternoons and Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
Click here for stories
on community pride
Do you have news or a nonprofit event that you would like to share with the community? Whether it's a community organization, a business, a local school, or a notable neighbor, we'd love to hear about it.
- Mindful Mixed Mediums Project: in Memory of Lake Country Artist, Kathy Boritzke (Hosted by The Oconomowoc Festival of the Arts), is Looking for 5th-8th Grade Visual Arts and Creative Writing Students to Participate
- CHRISTIAN CONFERENCE ADDRESSES DISPUTED TOPICS IN WAUKESHA PEWAUKEE
- Five By Design Brings Club Swing to Schauer Center
- FREE Workshops Teach Eco-friendly Methods
- Wisconsin Watercolor Society Exhibit at the Schauer Center
- "Brass at Night" concert by Milwaukee Festival Brass
- Local Youth Perform with New York Theatre Ballet in Cinderella & Other Tales
- Local Chiropractors Discuss: Are You Sitting Properly?
Lake Country residents share their views on news, happenings and current events.
LivingLakeCountry.com features more than a dozen community bloggers - a group of volunteer conversation leaders who are up on the latest topics and never short on an opinion. Just a few are pictured here. Check out the rest and see what they have to say!
View All Blogs
Do you want to become a Community Blogger? LivingLakeCountry.com welcomes your thoughts and opinions. Contact us for more information:
I want to blog