Hamilton High School student dies from gunshot wound
Hamilton High School student, Aaron Zagorski, 18, died of an apparent gunshot wound on New Year's Day.
The Waukesha County Sheriff's Department received a call about his death the morning of New Year's Day.
Jennifer Wallschleger with the Sheriff's Department said an autopsy report has not been completed. She could not confirm if the wound was self-inflicted, but said there is no reason to worry there was a gunman involved. She said the high school's resource officer has brought in counselors to help students.
Zagorski was an athletic standout playing football for the Hamilton Chargers and also running track. He was recently selected as a student of the month in November for academic achievements.
Funeral services are planned for 9 a.m. Jan. 5 at St. James Catholic Church in Menomonee Falls. A mass will follow at noon. Schmidt and Bartelt is serving the family. His obituary can be found here.
Top stories from the Lake Country area. Tuesday afternoons and Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
» Tee time
Click here for stories
on community pride
Do you have news or a nonprofit event that you would like to share with the community? Whether it's a community organization, a business, a local school, or a notable neighbor, we'd love to hear about it.
- AAUW Oconomowoc awarding two local scholarships
- Community Blood Drive Hosted by Christ the King Church of Delafield
- Waukesha BluesFest Announces 2014 Entertainment Line-up - Tickets on Sale Tues., April 15
- Christ the King Presents Good Friday Cantata; Easter Services Announced
- Free Community Open House
- Midwest Penguins Announce Expanded Big Ball Bash Volleyball Event May 2 & 3
- "Be the Voice of Catholic Women!" Attend the MACCW Convention!
- Hamilton performs at Jazz Festival
Lake Country residents share their views on news, happenings and current events.
LivingLakeCountry.com features more than a dozen community bloggers - a group of volunteer conversation leaders who are up on the latest topics and never short on an opinion. Just a few are pictured here. Check out the rest and see what they have to say!
View All Blogs
Do you want to become a Community Blogger? LivingLakeCountry.com welcomes your thoughts and opinions. Contact us for more information:
I want to blog