Fire consolidation with Village of Pewaukee?
The Village of Pewaukee is “bothered” by the costs associated with their Fire and EMS Services through the City of Pewaukee, according to President Calder. They’ve decided to start looking elsewhere, beginning with nearby fire consolidation talks.
“But I look at the rate history -- in 2004, we paid $1,740 per call. Our new rate is $5,796 a call. You look at the challenges we have with our budget and you look at this total amount… that is a significant part of our budget,” President Calder said.
The Village of Pewaukee currently contracts those services to the City of Pewaukee Fire Department. While the board made it clear that there are in no way complaints over the quality of services, they are concerned by the costs.
“I think we need to take a serious look, at possibly some options or thinking outside of the box, to see what we might be able to do and look at what could help save this community.”
Many of the board members would like to think outside of the box and into the Lake Country Fire & Rescue. LCFR already focuses around the City of Delafield and the Villages of Nashotah and Chenequa. The Lake Country Reporter recently highlighted other potential fire consolidation talks with the City Oconomowoc, Town of Delafield and the Village of Hartland.
Check out Tuesday's Reporter for more information.
Top stories from the Lake Country area. Tuesday afternoons and Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
Click here for stories
on community pride
Do you have news or a nonprofit event that you would like to share with the community? Whether it's a community organization, a business, a local school, or a notable neighbor, we'd love to hear about it.
- Mindful Mixed Mediums Project: in Memory of Lake Country Artist, Kathy Boritzke (Hosted by The Oconomowoc Festival of the Arts), is Looking for 5th-8th Grade Visual Arts and Creative Writing Students to Participate
- CHRISTIAN CONFERENCE ADDRESSES DISPUTED TOPICS IN WAUKESHA PEWAUKEE
- Five By Design Brings Club Swing to Schauer Center
- FREE Workshops Teach Eco-friendly Methods
- Wisconsin Watercolor Society Exhibit at the Schauer Center
- "Brass at Night" concert by Milwaukee Festival Brass
- Local Youth Perform with New York Theatre Ballet in Cinderella & Other Tales
- Local Chiropractors Discuss: Are You Sitting Properly?
Lake Country residents share their views on news, happenings and current events.
LivingLakeCountry.com features more than a dozen community bloggers - a group of volunteer conversation leaders who are up on the latest topics and never short on an opinion. Just a few are pictured here. Check out the rest and see what they have to say!
View All Blogs
Do you want to become a Community Blogger? LivingLakeCountry.com welcomes your thoughts and opinions. Contact us for more information:
I want to blog