Officer involved shooting disarms 31-year-old in Town of Delafield
A 31-year-old man was injured when a Waukesha County Sheriff's Department deputy shot him at a Town of Delafield home this afternoon, according to a news release from the Sheriff's Department.
Deputies responded when a resident called 911 to report the man was suicidal and in possession of a shotgun. The caller reported that the shotgun was loaded and was discharged in the residence.
Deputies at the scene made contact with the man, who had the shotgun inside the residence. After repeated demands to drop the weapon, a 22-year veteran deputy of the Sheriff’s Department shot and wounded the man. The man was disarmed and was transported by Flight for Life to Froedtert Hospital. His condition is unknown at this time.
This incident is being investigated by the Walworth County Sheriff’s Department.
Check here for updates.
Top stories from the Lake Country area. Tuesday afternoons and Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
» Tee time
Click here for stories
on community pride
Do you have news or a nonprofit event that you would like to share with the community? Whether it's a community organization, a business, a local school, or a notable neighbor, we'd love to hear about it.
- AAUW Oconomowoc awarding two local scholarships
- Community Blood Drive Hosted by Christ the King Church of Delafield
- Waukesha BluesFest Announces 2014 Entertainment Line-up - Tickets on Sale Tues., April 15
- Christ the King Presents Good Friday Cantata; Easter Services Announced
- Free Community Open House
- Midwest Penguins Announce Expanded Big Ball Bash Volleyball Event May 2 & 3
- "Be the Voice of Catholic Women!" Attend the MACCW Convention!
- Hamilton performs at Jazz Festival
Lake Country residents share their views on news, happenings and current events.
LivingLakeCountry.com features more than a dozen community bloggers - a group of volunteer conversation leaders who are up on the latest topics and never short on an opinion. Just a few are pictured here. Check out the rest and see what they have to say!
View All Blogs
Do you want to become a Community Blogger? LivingLakeCountry.com welcomes your thoughts and opinions. Contact us for more information:
I want to blog