Names released in shooting incident
A 22-year-veteran of the Waukesha Sheriff's Department has been placed on administrative leave in the wake of a shooting.
Michael Doud, 52, was among deputies who responded to a home at N4 W31808 Twin Oaks Drive in the town of Delafield at about 1:50 p.m. Tuesday, in response to a 911 call. The caller stated that a 31-year-old man, Justin Ebbe, was suicidal and in possession of a shotgun. There were two other family members in the home at the time.
Ebbe failed to put down the weapon after deputies repeatedly ordered him to do so, according to the Sheriff's Department. Doud shot and injured Ebbe, and he was taken by Flight for Life to Froedtert Hospital, where he remains this afternoon.
This incident remains under investigation by the Walworth County Sheriff’s Department.
Top stories from the Lake Country area. Tuesday afternoons and Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
A Lake Country Twist
on holiday favorites
Click here for stories
on community pride
Do you have news or a nonprofit event that you would like to share with the community? Whether it's a community organization, a business, a local school, or a notable neighbor, we'd love to hear about it.
- Taylor J. Poehls, DC, CKTP named Top Chiropractor for second straight year in “Best of Milwaukee 2013”
- Ballroom is Back at the Schauer Center!
- Grow Your Creative Side at the Schauer Center
- Local Chiropractors Discuss: Surgery or Chiropractic for Chronic Sciatica Sufferers?
- Hamilton announces November students of the month
- Freshman Seminar collects, wraps gifts for adopted family
- New Zounds Hearing Center Offers Greater Performance, Ease of Use for Hearing Aid Wearers
- Kids Can Create a Masterpiece with Youth Visual Art Classes
Lake Country residents share their views on news, happenings and current events.
LivingLakeCountry.com features more than a dozen community bloggers - a group of volunteer conversation leaders who are up on the latest topics and never short on an opinion. Just a few are pictured here. Check out the rest and see what they have to say!
View All Blogs
Do you want to become a Community Blogger? LivingLakeCountry.com welcomes your thoughts and opinions. Contact us for more information:
I want to blog