18-year-old woman arrested for sending sexually explicit messages
According to the police complaint, Rebecca S. Roraff, 18, allegedly sent explicit text and Facebook messages to four girls, the youngest 14 and the oldest 16, between Nov. 1 and Jan. 14. One of the girls told police the defendant allegedly used various aliases, including James Lavine, Jamieson and Kaine Lavine, asking the girls for nude photographs and propositioning them for sex, the complaint reads.
Roraff was identified as the alleged culprit based on subpoenas of the text message used by the person identifying as Lavine, according to the complaint. The IP address tied to the Lavine Facebook account was also allegedly traced back to the defendant’s residence, 340 Morris St., apartment 6 in the Village of Pewaukee, the complaint reads.
Roraff was arrested and various computers and cellphones were recovered. The defendant allegedly told police she created the Facebook account to “test her boyfriend,” and later changed the account to a male name, the complaint reads. She asked one of the girls for nude photographs, “to see what kind of girl [she] was,” she allegedly told police in the complaint.
Roraff faces up to $10,000 in fines and/or imprisonment up to three and a half years if convicted of exposing a child to harmful descriptions and may be fined up to $1,000 and/or imprisonment of 90 days for disorderly conduct.
Roraff’s charges were filed in Waukesha County Circuit Court. Roraff’s next scheduled court date is Jan. 28.
Top stories from the Lake Country area. Tuesday afternoons and Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
Click here for stories
on community pride
Do you have news or a nonprofit event that you would like to share with the community? Whether it's a community organization, a business, a local school, or a notable neighbor, we'd love to hear about it.
- Mindful Mixed Mediums Project: in Memory of Lake Country Artist, Kathy Boritzke (Hosted by The Oconomowoc Festival of the Arts), is Looking for 5th-8th Grade Visual Arts and Creative Writing Students to Participate
- CHRISTIAN CONFERENCE ADDRESSES DISPUTED TOPICS IN WAUKESHA PEWAUKEE
- Five By Design Brings Club Swing to Schauer Center
- FREE Workshops Teach Eco-friendly Methods
- Wisconsin Watercolor Society Exhibit at the Schauer Center
- "Brass at Night" concert by Milwaukee Festival Brass
- Local Youth Perform with New York Theatre Ballet in Cinderella & Other Tales
- Local Chiropractors Discuss: Are You Sitting Properly?
Lake Country residents share their views on news, happenings and current events.
LivingLakeCountry.com features more than a dozen community bloggers - a group of volunteer conversation leaders who are up on the latest topics and never short on an opinion. Just a few are pictured here. Check out the rest and see what they have to say!
View All Blogs
Do you want to become a Community Blogger? LivingLakeCountry.com welcomes your thoughts and opinions. Contact us for more information:
I want to blog