Illinois Man to be extradited for alleged rape
Man arrested by sheriffs in Pewaukee
City of Pewaukee – An Illinois man charged with allegedly raping a woman in Winnebago County was arrested in the City of Pewaukee on Jan. 14 at a relative’s residence, and will be extradited to Illinois to face charges.
Jennifer Wallschlaeger, public information officer for the Waukesha Sheriff’s Department, said Brent S. Gleichauf, 31, was found based on a tip from an Illinois police department.
Assistant District Attorney Kevin Osborne said the extradition process will take anywhere from two weeks to three months, depending on whether Gleichauf challenges the extradition.
“Most extraditions end with the defendant admitting that they are the one being sought in the other jurisdiction,” Osborne said.
According to a criminal complaint filed with the extradition, Gleichauf is charged with four counts of aggravated criminal sexual assault and one count of aggravated unlawful restraint.
If convicted of all charges, Gliechauf could face life in prison. His next scheduled court date is Jan. 22.
Top stories from the Lake Country area. Tuesday afternoons and Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
AS IT APPEARED IN PRINT: PDF collection of Oconomowoc "Athletic Fields Forever" coverage.
Celebrate Lake Country
communities with stories
Do you have news or a nonprofit event that you would like to share with the community? Whether it's a community organization, a business, a local school, or a notable neighbor, we'd love to hear about it.
- 24th Annual Milwaukee/NARI Fall Home & Remodeling Show
- LEARN ABOUT COMMON CORE SEPT. 20
- Mukwonago's Bark for Life to Benefit American Cancer Society
- All God’s Children of Delafield Announces A New Playground Being Built; Special Participation Event Mon., Sept. 15
- Hamilton again on Newsweek’s “Best High Schools” list
- Public Hearing on Town of Merton Garbage Pickup
- Christ the King Church of Delafield Announces New Worship Schedule; Adds Singer/Guitarist/Songwriter Dave Gerhartz to Music Staff
- Household and Agricultural Hazardous Waste Special Collection: Saturday, September 13 – Oconomowoc
Lake Country residents share their views on news, happenings and current events.
LivingLakeCountry.com features more than a dozen community bloggers - a group of volunteer conversation leaders who are up on the latest topics and never short on an opinion. Just a few are pictured here. Check out the rest and see what they have to say!
View All Blogs
Do you want to become a Community Blogger? LivingLakeCountry.com welcomes your thoughts and opinions. Contact us for more information:
I want to blog