Bomb-sniffing dogs called to KM High School
CORRECTION: Classes have been canceled Thursday, not Friday.
The Milwaukee County and Waukesha County sheriff's departments have arranged for bomb-sniffing dogs to check Kettle Moraine High School Wednesday night in the wake of a bomb threat, according to high school principal Jeff Walters.
Walters told a reporter that he was shown an image of a threat written in the high school that indicated a bomb threat specific to the high school on Thursday, Jan. 17.
Walters said the sheriff's departments arranged for the dogs and secured the school once class was dismissed at the end of the school day Wednesday.
Classes and after-school activities have been canceled at the school Thursday as a precaution, Walters said.
Semester exams previously scheduled for Thursday have been rescheduled for Friday. A revised exam schedule is available on the district website and through the Infinite Campus portal.
Walters said the threat has been deemed not credible but in the wake of recent events and because of heightened school security the district felt it was necessary to take these precautions.
Top stories from the Lake Country area. Tuesday afternoons and Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
AS IT APPEARED IN PRINT: PDF collection of Oconomowoc "Athletic Fields Forever" coverage.
Celebrate Lake Country
communities with stories
Do you have news or a nonprofit event that you would like to share with the community? Whether it's a community organization, a business, a local school, or a notable neighbor, we'd love to hear about it.
- 24th Annual Milwaukee/NARI Fall Home & Remodeling Show
- LEARN ABOUT COMMON CORE SEPT. 20
- Mukwonago's Bark for Life to Benefit American Cancer Society
- All God’s Children of Delafield Announces A New Playground Being Built; Special Participation Event Mon., Sept. 15
- Hamilton again on Newsweek’s “Best High Schools” list
- Public Hearing on Town of Merton Garbage Pickup
- Christ the King Church of Delafield Announces New Worship Schedule; Adds Singer/Guitarist/Songwriter Dave Gerhartz to Music Staff
- Household and Agricultural Hazardous Waste Special Collection: Saturday, September 13 – Oconomowoc
Lake Country residents share their views on news, happenings and current events.
LivingLakeCountry.com features more than a dozen community bloggers - a group of volunteer conversation leaders who are up on the latest topics and never short on an opinion. Just a few are pictured here. Check out the rest and see what they have to say!
View All Blogs
Do you want to become a Community Blogger? LivingLakeCountry.com welcomes your thoughts and opinions. Contact us for more information:
I want to blog