Ready for winter?
If you've been enjoying the unseasonably warm weather, batten down the hatches. Winter is ready to make a comeback in a big way.
The National Weather Service has issued a winter weather advisory for Waukesha County for snow and blowing snow, in effect from 6 a.m. to 9 p.m. Wednesday.
Rain will likely change to snow between 6 and 9 a.m. Wednesday, according to the NWS. Snow will linger throughout the day, with the heaviest snowfall in late morning and early afternoon.
Accumulations of 3 to 6 inches of snow are expected.
Before the snow arrives, there is rain to contend with. The NWS is cautioning that heavy rain and ice jams could lead to flooding. The first round of showers and thundershowers came through last night, dropping one-half to an inch of rain. The second round is expected this afternoon through this evening, with an additional 1.5 inches of rain. Because the rain is falling on ground that is frozen and saturated, there is rapid runoff, the weather service noted.
Although larger rivers can absorb that rainfall, smaller rivers and streams could flood, possibly affecting some roads, and leading the NWS to issue a flood watch.
Top stories from the Lake Country area. Tuesday afternoons and Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
AS IT APPEARED IN PRINT: PDF collection of Oconomowoc "Athletic Fields Forever" coverage.
Celebrate Lake Country
communities with stories
Do you have news or a nonprofit event that you would like to share with the community? Whether it's a community organization, a business, a local school, or a notable neighbor, we'd love to hear about it.
- 24th Annual Milwaukee/NARI Fall Home & Remodeling Show
- LEARN ABOUT COMMON CORE SEPT. 20
- Mukwonago's Bark for Life to Benefit American Cancer Society
- All God’s Children of Delafield Announces A New Playground Being Built; Special Participation Event Mon., Sept. 15
- Hamilton again on Newsweek’s “Best High Schools” list
- Public Hearing on Town of Merton Garbage Pickup
- Christ the King Church of Delafield Announces New Worship Schedule; Adds Singer/Guitarist/Songwriter Dave Gerhartz to Music Staff
- Household and Agricultural Hazardous Waste Special Collection: Saturday, September 13 – Oconomowoc
Lake Country residents share their views on news, happenings and current events.
LivingLakeCountry.com features more than a dozen community bloggers - a group of volunteer conversation leaders who are up on the latest topics and never short on an opinion. Just a few are pictured here. Check out the rest and see what they have to say!
View All Blogs
Do you want to become a Community Blogger? LivingLakeCountry.com welcomes your thoughts and opinions. Contact us for more information:
I want to blog