Ready for winter?
If you've been enjoying the unseasonably warm weather, batten down the hatches. Winter is ready to make a comeback in a big way.
The National Weather Service has issued a winter weather advisory for Waukesha County for snow and blowing snow, in effect from 6 a.m. to 9 p.m. Wednesday.
Rain will likely change to snow between 6 and 9 a.m. Wednesday, according to the NWS. Snow will linger throughout the day, with the heaviest snowfall in late morning and early afternoon.
Accumulations of 3 to 6 inches of snow are expected.
Before the snow arrives, there is rain to contend with. The NWS is cautioning that heavy rain and ice jams could lead to flooding. The first round of showers and thundershowers came through last night, dropping one-half to an inch of rain. The second round is expected this afternoon through this evening, with an additional 1.5 inches of rain. Because the rain is falling on ground that is frozen and saturated, there is rapid runoff, the weather service noted.
Although larger rivers can absorb that rainfall, smaller rivers and streams could flood, possibly affecting some roads, and leading the NWS to issue a flood watch.
Top stories from the Lake Country area. Tuesday afternoons and Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
Click here for stories
on community pride
Do you have news or a nonprofit event that you would like to share with the community? Whether it's a community organization, a business, a local school, or a notable neighbor, we'd love to hear about it.
- Mindful Mixed Mediums Project: in Memory of Lake Country Artist, Kathy Boritzke (Hosted by The Oconomowoc Festival of the Arts), is Looking for 5th-8th Grade Visual Arts and Creative Writing Students to Participate
- CHRISTIAN CONFERENCE ADDRESSES DISPUTED TOPICS IN WAUKESHA PEWAUKEE
- Five By Design Brings Club Swing to Schauer Center
- FREE Workshops Teach Eco-friendly Methods
- Wisconsin Watercolor Society Exhibit at the Schauer Center
- "Brass at Night" concert by Milwaukee Festival Brass
- Local Youth Perform with New York Theatre Ballet in Cinderella & Other Tales
- Local Chiropractors Discuss: Are You Sitting Properly?
Lake Country residents share their views on news, happenings and current events.
LivingLakeCountry.com features more than a dozen community bloggers - a group of volunteer conversation leaders who are up on the latest topics and never short on an opinion. Just a few are pictured here. Check out the rest and see what they have to say!
View All Blogs
Do you want to become a Community Blogger? LivingLakeCountry.com welcomes your thoughts and opinions. Contact us for more information:
I want to blog