Motorcyclists, town officials find common ground
Town of Oconomowoc - Winter motorcyclists can continue riding on two frozen ponds in the town as long as they adhere to certain conditions. The Town Board in a 2-1 vote on Tuesday approved a new ordinance regarding the type of riding.
Town Attorney Bill Chapman explained the new ordinance replaces an existing one. There are several similarities between the two regarding limiting erratic riding. The new ordinance specifically addresses how loud the bike can be and the hours when they can ride.
Bikes are not to be louder than 96 (decibels) dBA and riding hours are limited to between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m. Saturdays and Sundays.
Those that ride usually ride on two frozen ponds in the town. Residents' complaints about the noise initiated reconsidering an ordinance that limited all riding. However, after a group of about 50 riders came to a Town Board meeting the night the first version of the ordinance was on the agenda proposing limiting all riding, officials worked out a compromise.
Top stories from the Lake Country area. Tuesday afternoons and Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
Click here for stories
on community pride
Do you have news or a nonprofit event that you would like to share with the community? Whether it's a community organization, a business, a local school, or a notable neighbor, we'd love to hear about it.
- Mindful Mixed Mediums Project: in Memory of Lake Country Artist, Kathy Boritzke (Hosted by The Oconomowoc Festival of the Arts), is Looking for 5th-8th Grade Visual Arts and Creative Writing Students to Participate
- CHRISTIAN CONFERENCE ADDRESSES DISPUTED TOPICS IN WAUKESHA PEWAUKEE
- Five By Design Brings Club Swing to Schauer Center
- FREE Workshops Teach Eco-friendly Methods
- Wisconsin Watercolor Society Exhibit at the Schauer Center
- "Brass at Night" concert by Milwaukee Festival Brass
- Local Youth Perform with New York Theatre Ballet in Cinderella & Other Tales
- Local Chiropractors Discuss: Are You Sitting Properly?
Lake Country residents share their views on news, happenings and current events.
LivingLakeCountry.com features more than a dozen community bloggers - a group of volunteer conversation leaders who are up on the latest topics and never short on an opinion. Just a few are pictured here. Check out the rest and see what they have to say!
View All Blogs
Do you want to become a Community Blogger? LivingLakeCountry.com welcomes your thoughts and opinions. Contact us for more information:
I want to blog