Ashippun man may be involved in more missing money
Jim Schlieve, whose church authorities said he took around $200,000 from Zion Lutheran Church, may now be involved in between $5,000 and $10,000 missing from the Ashippun Lions Club. Dodge County Sheriff Todd Nehls said the department has met with the Lions and launched an investigation.
Lions Club member Jim Franke contacted the Focus after reading about the missing church funds. He said the Lions Club is also a victim and wants people to know about it. Franke said Schlieve recently wrote a letter to the club resigning and saying he plans to pay back the money from his 401(k).
No charges have been issued against Schlieve.
Schlieve declined to comment. His lawyer, Bill Gergen of Gergen Gergen & Pretto of Beaver Dam, said Schlieve is fully cooperating with police and will fully cooperate with the district attorney.
“Jim’s primary goal is to make full restitution to both parties,” Gergen said.
Top stories from the Lake Country area. Tuesday afternoons and Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
» Tee time
Click here for stories
on community pride
Do you have news or a nonprofit event that you would like to share with the community? Whether it's a community organization, a business, a local school, or a notable neighbor, we'd love to hear about it.
- AAUW Oconomowoc awarding two local scholarships
- Community Blood Drive Hosted by Christ the King Church of Delafield
- Waukesha BluesFest Announces 2014 Entertainment Line-up - Tickets on Sale Tues., April 15
- Christ the King Presents Good Friday Cantata; Easter Services Announced
- Free Community Open House
- Midwest Penguins Announce Expanded Big Ball Bash Volleyball Event May 2 & 3
- "Be the Voice of Catholic Women!" Attend the MACCW Convention!
- Hamilton performs at Jazz Festival
Lake Country residents share their views on news, happenings and current events.
LivingLakeCountry.com features more than a dozen community bloggers - a group of volunteer conversation leaders who are up on the latest topics and never short on an opinion. Just a few are pictured here. Check out the rest and see what they have to say!
View All Blogs
Do you want to become a Community Blogger? LivingLakeCountry.com welcomes your thoughts and opinions. Contact us for more information:
I want to blog