ISB Community Bank hosts stroke detection screenings next week
ISB Community Bank has teamed up with Stroke Detection Plus, a mobile ultrasound service that does preventative health screenings throughout the Midwest, to conduct stroke and vascular screenings in its communities.
Appointments are on Tuesday, March 5 at the Senior Center in Watertown, on Wednesday, March 6 at Olympia Resort in Oconomowoc, and on Thursday, March 7 at ISB Community Bank in Ixonia.
Call (877) 732-8258 to make an appointment.
Cost for all four Life Saving Screenings: $100 for ISB Community Bank Premier Club members, $110 for ISB Community Bank customers, and $135 for community residents.
Strokes are the third-leading cause of death in the United States and up to 80 percent of strokes are preventable.
Stroke Detection Plus screens the carotid arteries looking for plaque buildup or blockage. The vast majority of strokes occur because of a lack of blood flow to the brain. This first test can determine the percentage of blockage restricting that flow. The second test looks for aortic aneurysm, which is an enlargement of the vessel that feeds the lower extremities with blood. The third test is for peripheral vascular disease, which is blockage in the arms and legs. An abnormal result here puts people at a 4-6 times greater risk of coronary artery disease. The final screening is for Osteoporosis, which looks for low or abnormal bone mass. All screenings are quick, accurate, and painless. Plus, you get results immediately.
Top stories from the Lake Country area. Tuesday afternoons and Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
Click here for stories
on community pride
Do you have news or a nonprofit event that you would like to share with the community? Whether it's a community organization, a business, a local school, or a notable neighbor, we'd love to hear about it.
- Mindful Mixed Mediums Project: in Memory of Lake Country Artist, Kathy Boritzke (Hosted by The Oconomowoc Festival of the Arts), is Looking for 5th-8th Grade Visual Arts and Creative Writing Students to Participate
- CHRISTIAN CONFERENCE ADDRESSES DISPUTED TOPICS IN WAUKESHA PEWAUKEE
- Five By Design Brings Club Swing to Schauer Center
- FREE Workshops Teach Eco-friendly Methods
- Wisconsin Watercolor Society Exhibit at the Schauer Center
- "Brass at Night" concert by Milwaukee Festival Brass
- Local Youth Perform with New York Theatre Ballet in Cinderella & Other Tales
- Local Chiropractors Discuss: Are You Sitting Properly?
Lake Country residents share their views on news, happenings and current events.
LivingLakeCountry.com features more than a dozen community bloggers - a group of volunteer conversation leaders who are up on the latest topics and never short on an opinion. Just a few are pictured here. Check out the rest and see what they have to say!
View All Blogs
Do you want to become a Community Blogger? LivingLakeCountry.com welcomes your thoughts and opinions. Contact us for more information:
I want to blog