Sussex woman dies in New Berlin accident
Denise Merkel, 54, of Sussex was pronounced dead on scene after she was struck by possibly two vehicles on I-43 in New Berlin around 5 a.m. on March 2.
According to information from the Waukesha County Sheriff's Department and New Berlin, Merkel was an occupant in a disabled vehicle parked on the shoulder of I-43 and was walking across traffic when she was struck by an oncoming vehicle.
It's believed Merkel was struck by a second vehicle as she was laying in the roadway on I-43 between 5:25 and 5:35 a.m.
Anyone with information regarding the second vehicle, contact Detective Todd Ladwig at (262) 548-7461.
Top stories from the Lake Country area. Tuesday afternoons and Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
Celebrate Lake Country
communities with stories
Do you have news or a nonprofit event that you would like to share with the community? Whether it's a community organization, a business, a local school, or a notable neighbor, we'd love to hear about it.
- Macy Anderson, Dousman Resident, Joins Wallner Builders as Design Facilitator
- Waukesha County’s Mukwonago Park Dog Exercise Area Grand Opening Announced
- THANK YOU FOR SUPPORTING OUR COOKOUT FOR A CURE
- NIKOLAI STRIKES BACK
- Ameriprise Advisor, Hartland Resident, Achieves Circle of Success Recognition
- Local Chiropractors Discuss: Does Chiropractic Help Back Pain Associated with Pregnancy?
- Families can apply for free, reduced lunches
- Hamilton schools plan for start of classes
Lake Country residents share their views on news, happenings and current events.
LivingLakeCountry.com features more than a dozen community bloggers - a group of volunteer conversation leaders who are up on the latest topics and never short on an opinion. Just a few are pictured here. Check out the rest and see what they have to say!
View All Blogs
Do you want to become a Community Blogger? LivingLakeCountry.com welcomes your thoughts and opinions. Contact us for more information:
I want to blog