Waukesha County Sheriff Dan Trawicki won't seek re-election
Waukesha County Sheriff Dan Trawicki announced today that he does not plan to seek re-election in 2015.
Trawicki told TMJ4 reporter Charles Benson that there's no reason why he's stepping down, but it was just a good time.
Trawicki will complete his third four-year term this year. He swiftly defeated Republican challengers in the last election and a Democratic challenger never emerged.
Trawicki started as a cadet with the Waukesha County Sheriff’s Department in 1979 and worked his way through the ranks where he spent the last 12 years as sheriff.
He will retire after serving 34 years. His term ends on Dec. 31, 2014.
Top stories from the Lake Country area. Tuesday afternoons and Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
Click here for stories
on community pride
Do you have news or a nonprofit event that you would like to share with the community? Whether it's a community organization, a business, a local school, or a notable neighbor, we'd love to hear about it.
- Americana Band Whiskey Belles Coming to the Schauer Center!
- Waukesha Just Between Friends Sale Starts March 21
- FREE Children's Easter Egg Hunt / Candy Drop
- Town Bank Hosts Annual Spring Shredding Events
- Local Artists invited to participate in WRAP Exhibit and Workshop
- GRAMMY® Award-Winner Randy Brecker Trumpet Clinic with students from Hartford, Arrowhead and Oconomowoc
- Step Your Way Into the Schauer Center With Step Afrika!
- 2 Lake Country Lutheran Soccer players named to 2013 Lutheran HS All American Team
Lake Country residents share their views on news, happenings and current events.
LivingLakeCountry.com features more than a dozen community bloggers - a group of volunteer conversation leaders who are up on the latest topics and never short on an opinion. Just a few are pictured here. Check out the rest and see what they have to say!
View All Blogs
Do you want to become a Community Blogger? LivingLakeCountry.com welcomes your thoughts and opinions. Contact us for more information:
I want to blog