Waukesha County Sheriff Dan Trawicki won't seek re-election
Waukesha County Sheriff Dan Trawicki announced today that he does not plan to seek re-election in 2015.
Trawicki told TMJ4 reporter Charles Benson that there's no reason why he's stepping down, but it was just a good time.
Trawicki will complete his third four-year term this year. He swiftly defeated Republican challengers in the last election and a Democratic challenger never emerged.
Trawicki started as a cadet with the Waukesha County Sheriff’s Department in 1979 and worked his way through the ranks where he spent the last 12 years as sheriff.
He will retire after serving 34 years. His term ends on Dec. 31, 2014.
Top stories from the Lake Country area. Tuesday afternoons and Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
Do you have news or a nonprofit event that you would like to share with the community? Whether it's a community organization, a business, a local school, or a notable neighbor, we'd love to hear about it.
- Member celebrates 94th birthday Tues Apr 21st
- Celebrate Spring with Schauer Community School of the Arts
- Hamilton student experiences government program
- Hamilton Band Boosters host Annual Spring Tasting
- Hamilton drama to present “Charlotte’s Web”
- Local Chiropractors Discuss: Arthritis Doesn't Have to Mean It's Time to Slow Down
- Hamilton announces March students of the month
- AAUW Oconomowoc awarding two local scholarships
Lake Country residents share their views on news, happenings and current events.
LivingLakeCountry.com features more than a dozen community bloggers - a group of volunteer conversation leaders who are up on the latest topics and never short on an opinion. Just a few are pictured here. Check out the rest and see what they have to say!
View All Blogs
Do you want to become a Community Blogger? LivingLakeCountry.com welcomes your thoughts and opinions. Contact us for more information:
I want to blog