Weather service issues flood advisory
The National Weather Service has issued an urban and small stream flood advisory for much of Southeastern Wisconsin, including Southeastern Jefferson County and Waukesha County. The advisory is in effect until 3:15 p.m.
At 12:12 p.m., thunderstorms extended from near Port Washington and Cedarburg southwest to Whitewater and Delafield, moving northeast at 40 mph. These storms were producing rainfall of 1 to 2 inches per hour and will likely cause areas of flooding in the advisory area.
Runoff will cause ponding of water in some areas, including highways, streets, low-lying spots and areas with poor drainage.
Top stories from the Lake Country area. Tuesday afternoons and Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
Celebrate Lake Country
communities with stories
Do you have news or a nonprofit event that you would like to share with the community? Whether it's a community organization, a business, a local school, or a notable neighbor, we'd love to hear about it.
- Macy Anderson, Dousman Resident, Joins Wallner Builders as Design Facilitator
- Waukesha County’s Mukwonago Park Dog Exercise Area Grand Opening Announced
- THANK YOU FOR SUPPORTING OUR COOKOUT FOR A CURE
- NIKOLAI STRIKES BACK
- Ameriprise Advisor, Hartland Resident, Achieves Circle of Success Recognition
- Local Chiropractors Discuss: Does Chiropractic Help Back Pain Associated with Pregnancy?
- Families can apply for free, reduced lunches
- Hamilton schools plan for start of classes
Lake Country residents share their views on news, happenings and current events.
LivingLakeCountry.com features more than a dozen community bloggers - a group of volunteer conversation leaders who are up on the latest topics and never short on an opinion. Just a few are pictured here. Check out the rest and see what they have to say!
View All Blogs
Do you want to become a Community Blogger? LivingLakeCountry.com welcomes your thoughts and opinions. Contact us for more information:
I want to blog