Falls man killed in Pewaukee crash
A 24-year-old Menomonee Falls man died at the scene of a crash at about 11:57 p.m. Thursday, June 5, after his motorcycle slammed into the back of a dump truck.
The dump truck was northbound on Redford Boulevard south of Busse Road in the city of Pewaukee when the motorcyclist struck it from the rear, according to the Waukesha County Sheriff's Department. Witness reports and an investigation at the scene indicated the speed of the motorcycle was a contributing factor in the crash. The cyclist was not wearing a helmet.
The motorcyclist was pronounced dead at the scene. The driver of the dump truck was not injured. The accident remains under investigation by the Sheriff's Department.
Top stories from the Lake Country area. Tuesday afternoons and Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
Celebrate Lake Country
communities with stories
Do you have news or a nonprofit event that you would like to share with the community? Whether it's a community organization, a business, a local school, or a notable neighbor, we'd love to hear about it.
- soothe your soul in door county, wi - blissfull yoga retreat with soul on yoga
- Enjoy Fun Activities at the Schauer Center Open House
- UW-Waukesha Fall Classes - Come Grow with Us!
- Shop 'til you drop to benefit HPHC
- 2nd Annual charity GMMO to be held at Senic View Golf Course
- Lake Country Martial Arts Ninja Camp
- Local Chiropractors Discuss: Which Type of Yoga is Right for You?
- 2014 GreenBuilt Home Tour Features Twin Lakes WI Home.
Lake Country residents share their views on news, happenings and current events.
LivingLakeCountry.com features more than a dozen community bloggers - a group of volunteer conversation leaders who are up on the latest topics and never short on an opinion. Just a few are pictured here. Check out the rest and see what they have to say!
View All Blogs
Do you want to become a Community Blogger? LivingLakeCountry.com welcomes your thoughts and opinions. Contact us for more information:
I want to blog