Pond neighbors file suit
City of Delafield - Margaret Zerwekh's neighbors have filed a lawsuit in Waukesha County Circuit Court challenging a ruling by an administrative law judge that Zerwekh can remove the dam she owns on the Bark River near the corner of Main Street and Mill Road.
The lawsuit argues that Administrative Law Judge Jeffrey Boldt and the Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources failed to follow state laws and regulations and failed to protect the property rights of the homeowners by issuing a permit that allows Zerwekh to remove the dam.
The neighbors have objected to the dam removal, arguing that it will adversely affect the property values of their homes located along the millpond and deprives the city of a recreational asset.
A lawyer for the Department of Natural Resources predicted the lawsuit could delay the removal of the dam and the restoration of the Bark River "for months" and that it is rare for a circuit court judge to reverse a ruling by an administrative law judge.
Top stories from the Lake Country area. Tuesday afternoons and Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
Click here for stories
on community pride
Do you have news or a nonprofit event that you would like to share with the community? Whether it's a community organization, a business, a local school, or a notable neighbor, we'd love to hear about it.
- Mindful Mixed Mediums Project: in Memory of Lake Country Artist, Kathy Boritzke (Hosted by The Oconomowoc Festival of the Arts), is Looking for 5th-8th Grade Visual Arts and Creative Writing Students to Participate
- CHRISTIAN CONFERENCE ADDRESSES DISPUTED TOPICS IN WAUKESHA PEWAUKEE
- Five By Design Brings Club Swing to Schauer Center
- FREE Workshops Teach Eco-friendly Methods
- Wisconsin Watercolor Society Exhibit at the Schauer Center
- "Brass at Night" concert by Milwaukee Festival Brass
- Local Youth Perform with New York Theatre Ballet in Cinderella & Other Tales
- Local Chiropractors Discuss: Are You Sitting Properly?
Lake Country residents share their views on news, happenings and current events.
LivingLakeCountry.com features more than a dozen community bloggers - a group of volunteer conversation leaders who are up on the latest topics and never short on an opinion. Just a few are pictured here. Check out the rest and see what they have to say!
View All Blogs
Do you want to become a Community Blogger? LivingLakeCountry.com welcomes your thoughts and opinions. Contact us for more information:
I want to blog