Benson expected to enter guilty plea
Oconomowoc - Mark Benson, who is accused of killing a popular Oconomowoc High School principal in a crash over a year ago, is expected to enter a guilty plea under a plea agreement tomorrow afternoon, according to reports from TMJ4 who cite anonymous sources.
A guilty plea from the 56-year-old former surgeon would bypass the jury trial currently scheduled for July. Benson would then go to sentencing.
Benson is charged with three counts of homicide by intoxicated use of a vehicle, two counts of causing injury while drunken driving, and driving with a revoked license relating to a deadly crash April 25 in the City of Oconomowoc.
Killed were Jennifer Bukosky, 39, of the Town of Oconomowoc, her unborn child and daughter. Bukosky’s son was injured, as well as another passenger.
Benson's motion hearing is scheduled for 3 p.m. tomorrow afternoon at the Waukesha County Courthouse.
Top stories from the Lake Country area. Tuesday afternoons and Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
Click here for stories
on community pride
Do you have news or a nonprofit event that you would like to share with the community? Whether it's a community organization, a business, a local school, or a notable neighbor, we'd love to hear about it.
- Local Artists invited to participate in WRAP Exhibit and Workshop
- GRAMMY® Award-Winner Randy Brecker Trumpet Clinic with students from Hartford, Arrowhead and Oconomowoc
- Step Your Way Into the Schauer Center With Step Afrika!
- 2 Lake Country Lutheran Soccer players named to 2013 Lutheran HS All American Team
- Local Chiropractors Discuss: Chiropractic Testimonial Video – Dr. Terry Schroeder – Head Coach US Men’s Olympic Water Polo Team
- Alpin Hong Brings Classical Music for the iPod Generation
- Templeton students regional finalists in National History Day
- Justin Sexton Memorial Benefit
Lake Country residents share their views on news, happenings and current events.
LivingLakeCountry.com features more than a dozen community bloggers - a group of volunteer conversation leaders who are up on the latest topics and never short on an opinion. Just a few are pictured here. Check out the rest and see what they have to say!
View All Blogs
Do you want to become a Community Blogger? LivingLakeCountry.com welcomes your thoughts and opinions. Contact us for more information:
I want to blog