City of Pewaukee continues contracting talks tonight
City of Pewaukee - The Common Council will again take up the issue of contracting with the Waukesha County Sheriff's Department at tonight's meeting.
The meeting is scheduled for tonight at 6 p.m. in the Common Council Chambers, W240 N3065 Pewaukee Road, to continue discussion on whether to disband the Police Department in favor of contracting for police services.
Sheriff Dan Trawicki said in a meeting earlier this month that the move could save the city about $1 million. The Police Department countered Trawicki's proposal at a Sept. 10 meeting.
Top stories from the Lake Country area. Tuesday afternoons and Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
Celebrate Lake Country
communities with stories
Do you have news or a nonprofit event that you would like to share with the community? Whether it's a community organization, a business, a local school, or a notable neighbor, we'd love to hear about it.
- soothe your soul in door county, wi - blissfull yoga retreat with soul on yoga
- Enjoy Fun Activities at the Schauer Center Open House
- UW-Waukesha Fall Classes - Come Grow with Us!
- Shop 'til you drop to benefit HPHC
- 2nd Annual charity GMMO to be held at Senic View Golf Course
- Lake Country Martial Arts Ninja Camp
- Local Chiropractors Discuss: Which Type of Yoga is Right for You?
- 2014 GreenBuilt Home Tour Features Twin Lakes WI Home.
Lake Country residents share their views on news, happenings and current events.
LivingLakeCountry.com features more than a dozen community bloggers - a group of volunteer conversation leaders who are up on the latest topics and never short on an opinion. Just a few are pictured here. Check out the rest and see what they have to say!
View All Blogs
Do you want to become a Community Blogger? LivingLakeCountry.com welcomes your thoughts and opinions. Contact us for more information:
I want to blog