Pewaukee votes to disband Police Department
Pewaukee Mayor Scott Klein voted in favor of disbanding the city's police department tonight, breaking a tie vote of the Common Council in a controversial decision that will have the city contracting with the Waukesha County Sheriff's Department next year.
Council members voting not to disband the vote were Dale Noll, Cheri Enters and Roger Hathaway. Members voting to disband the department were Doug Kiser, Michael Hasslinger and Steve Bierce.
See Thursday's Lake Country Reporter for a detailed report.
Top stories from the Lake Country area. Tuesday afternoons and Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
AS IT APPEARED IN PRINT: PDF collection of Oconomowoc "Athletic Fields Forever" coverage.
Celebrate Lake Country
communities with stories
Do you have news or a nonprofit event that you would like to share with the community? Whether it's a community organization, a business, a local school, or a notable neighbor, we'd love to hear about it.
- 7th Annual Candy Buy Back for Operation Gratitude!
- Maple Avenue earns state high progress award
- Local Chiropractors Discuss: Is Going Barefoot Really a Prescription for Fewer Running-Related Injuries?
- Welcome Autumn Storytime Sept. 22 at Mama D's Coffee
- Annual Waterford Fall Harvest Fest October 5
- Free Recycling Program for Ink and Toner Cartridges
- UW-Waukesha Continuing Education Classes (Sept 29-Oct 5, 2014)
- Recycling Stream Quality
Lake Country residents share their views on news, happenings and current events.
LivingLakeCountry.com features more than a dozen community bloggers - a group of volunteer conversation leaders who are up on the latest topics and never short on an opinion. Just a few are pictured here. Check out the rest and see what they have to say!
View All Blogs
Do you want to become a Community Blogger? LivingLakeCountry.com welcomes your thoughts and opinions. Contact us for more information:
I want to blog