Dredging propositions fail in Delafield
Voters in the City of Delafield turned down both propositions on the ballot today.
Residents had been asked to spend $3.7 million to dredge portions of Lake Nagawicka and channels on the northeastern and northwestern edge of the lake. That measure was voted down, 674-627.
A second question asked for $1.2 million to create a sediment trap where the Bark River enters the lake. Voters turned that proposition down, 732-564.
The city saw about a 27.5% voter turnout -- almost the same as the last special election held in the city, in 2005, which created the direct legislation ordinance that created the need for this election. Under the ordinance, the city must send capital projects of more than $1 million to a referendum.
Top stories from the Lake Country area. Tuesday afternoons and Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
Click here for stories
on community pride
Do you have news or a nonprofit event that you would like to share with the community? Whether it's a community organization, a business, a local school, or a notable neighbor, we'd love to hear about it.
- Local Doctors Discuss: Great Source for Reliable Information on Nutritional Supplements
- Call for Artists to Participate in WRAP Exhibit
- MHS Key Club selling bracelets to sponsor students in less developed countries
- Woodside contributes baskets for families in need
- Landscape Plastic Recycling Event Success
- Templeton bands to perform holiday concerts
- Guarantee Digital Announces New Marketing Programs for Lake Country Merchants
- Country Roads Take Me Home to the Schauer Center
Lake Country residents share their views on news, happenings and current events.
LivingLakeCountry.com features more than a dozen community bloggers - a group of volunteer conversation leaders who are up on the latest topics and never short on an opinion. Just a few are pictured here. Check out the rest and see what they have to say!
View All Blogs
Do you want to become a Community Blogger? LivingLakeCountry.com welcomes your thoughts and opinions. Contact us for more information:
I want to blog