Woman that scammed nuns gets jail time
A woman from Kenya that scammed the Pewaukee Carmelite nuns and other religious organizations out of more than $1 million was sentenced late this afternoon to over three years in prison.
U.S. District Judge Charles Clevert sentenced Angela Martin-Mulu of Chicago to 41 months jail time and three years extended supervision. In addition, Martin-Mulu and her husband, Edward Bosire, must pay over $981,000 in restitution.
Martin-Mulu and Bosire, who will be sentenced Feb. 19, plead guilty to fraud in June to posing as Kenyan refugees and scamming nuns in Wisconsin out of around $1.1 million, gambling most of it at a casino.
Top stories from the Lake Country area. Tuesday afternoons and Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
Celebrate Lake Country
communities with stories
Do you have news or a nonprofit event that you would like to share with the community? Whether it's a community organization, a business, a local school, or a notable neighbor, we'd love to hear about it.
- soothe your soul in door county, wi - blissfull yoga retreat with soul on yoga
- Enjoy Fun Activities at the Schauer Center Open House
- UW-Waukesha Fall Classes - Come Grow with Us!
- Shop 'til you drop to benefit HPHC
- 2nd Annual charity GMMO to be held at Senic View Golf Course
- Lake Country Martial Arts Ninja Camp
- Local Chiropractors Discuss: Which Type of Yoga is Right for You?
- 2014 GreenBuilt Home Tour Features Twin Lakes WI Home.
Lake Country residents share their views on news, happenings and current events.
LivingLakeCountry.com features more than a dozen community bloggers - a group of volunteer conversation leaders who are up on the latest topics and never short on an opinion. Just a few are pictured here. Check out the rest and see what they have to say!
View All Blogs
Do you want to become a Community Blogger? LivingLakeCountry.com welcomes your thoughts and opinions. Contact us for more information:
I want to blog