No La Fuente in Oconomowoc
Mayor Maury Sullivan said Friday that the owner of popular Mexican restaurant, La Fuente, has declined the city's offer for assitance locating downtown.
Sullivan said the owner, Jose Zarate, gave three main reasons behind his decision: the economy, population and costs to renovate the building it would inhabit.
Zarate had told city officials he would need to serve around 300 people a day for his business to sustain and he didn't feel like there was a big enough local demographic to do that.
Sullivan said he was disappointed that La Fuente turned down the offer, but said he understands Zarate's concerns.
"You can’t argue about it and if he’s not ready to come here, he’s not ready to come here," the mayor said.
Watch for more on this story in Tuesday's Living Oconomowoc Focus.
Top stories from the Lake Country area. Tuesday afternoons and Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
» Tee time
Click here for stories
on community pride
Do you have news or a nonprofit event that you would like to share with the community? Whether it's a community organization, a business, a local school, or a notable neighbor, we'd love to hear about it.
- AAUW Oconomowoc awarding two local scholarships
- Community Blood Drive Hosted by Christ the King Church of Delafield
- Waukesha BluesFest Announces 2014 Entertainment Line-up - Tickets on Sale Tues., April 15
- Christ the King Presents Good Friday Cantata; Easter Services Announced
- Free Community Open House
- Midwest Penguins Announce Expanded Big Ball Bash Volleyball Event May 2 & 3
- "Be the Voice of Catholic Women!" Attend the MACCW Convention!
- Hamilton performs at Jazz Festival
Lake Country residents share their views on news, happenings and current events.
LivingLakeCountry.com features more than a dozen community bloggers - a group of volunteer conversation leaders who are up on the latest topics and never short on an opinion. Just a few are pictured here. Check out the rest and see what they have to say!
View All Blogs
Do you want to become a Community Blogger? LivingLakeCountry.com welcomes your thoughts and opinions. Contact us for more information:
I want to blog