Severe thunderstorm warning issued
The National Weather Service has issued a severe thunderstorm warning that includes Southwestern Waukesha County, until 4:15 p.m.
National Weather Service doppler radar indicated a severe thunderstorm capable of producing quarter-size hail and damaging winds in excess of 60 mph. The storm was near Milton and moving east at 50 mph, according to the weather service advisory.
People in the path of the storm are encouraged to take shelter on the lowest floor of a home or business. Motorists are cautioned not to drive into areas where water covers the road.
A severe thunderstorm watch remains in effect until 7 p.m. for much of Southern Wisconsin.
Top stories from the Lake Country area. Tuesday afternoons and Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
Click here for stories
on community pride
Do you have news or a nonprofit event that you would like to share with the community? Whether it's a community organization, a business, a local school, or a notable neighbor, we'd love to hear about it.
- Member celebrates 94th birthday Tues Apr 21st
- Celebrate Spring with Schauer Community School of the Arts
- Hamilton student experiences government program
- Hamilton Band Boosters host Annual Spring Tasting
- Hamilton drama to present “Charlotte’s Web”
- Local Chiropractors Discuss: Arthritis Doesn't Have to Mean It's Time to Slow Down
- Hamilton announces March students of the month
- AAUW Oconomowoc awarding two local scholarships
Lake Country residents share their views on news, happenings and current events.
LivingLakeCountry.com features more than a dozen community bloggers - a group of volunteer conversation leaders who are up on the latest topics and never short on an opinion. Just a few are pictured here. Check out the rest and see what they have to say!
View All Blogs
Do you want to become a Community Blogger? LivingLakeCountry.com welcomes your thoughts and opinions. Contact us for more information:
I want to blog