Paper sponsors holiday recipe contest
Lake Country Publications (LCP) is hosting its first holiday recipe contest, open to Lake Country residents, through Thursday, Nov. 11. We're looking for holiday cake, cupcake, cookie and pie recipes, so dig through those old cookbooks, call your mom or grandma or just start experimenting and let the baking begin for a chance at winning a prize. The more original your recipe, the better!
There will be three winners for each category; the top recipe in each class will receive a $50 gift certificate to Fox Bros. Piggly Wiggly. Second place will receive a $25 gift certificate. Third place will be awarded a one-year gift subscription to the Lake Country Publications newspaper of your choice.
The top three recipes in each category will be published along with a photo of the contest winner in holiday Cook's Corner columns in November.
• One recipe per entrant per category (may enter in each category).
• Ingredients should be listed in order of use, and preparation directions should be clear and complete.
• Entrants must bring their entries; cookies (2 dozen), cakes (2) or cupcakes (2 dozen), pies (2), clearly marked with their name and contact information, to the Lake Country Publications office, 810 Cardinal Lane, Suite 210, Cardinal Lane, from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Thursday, Nov. 8-11. Containers will not be returned.
• Entrants must also bring a readable printout of the recipe; may also be sent via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your name, daytime phone number and e-mail with entry.
• Entries should be festive and special in some way suitable to the holiday; consider decorations, treatment, flavors or ingredients.
• Entries will be judged by LCP staff, a celebrity judge and one mystery judge, on taste, appearance, originality, ease of preparation, appropriateness to holiday and overall appeal.
If you would like to enter to be this year's mystery judge, tell us in 100 words or less why you're uniquely qualified to help us pick the winning recipes. Send to email@example.com by Friday, Nov. 5; must be free to judge in the LCP offices on Friday, Nov. 12.
Top stories from the Lake Country area. Tuesday afternoons and Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
Do you have news or a nonprofit event that you would like to share with the community? Whether it's a community organization, a business, a local school, or a notable neighbor, we'd love to hear about it.
- Stone Bank July 4th Parade and Festival
- Maple Avenue students lead effort to help Oklahoma schools hit by tornadoes
- Templeton band to perform spring concert
- LinkedIn Instructor Offers Free Class May 29 at Brookfield Public Library
- Westcott chosen as high school associate principal
- Victoria Vox Ukulele Concert & Workshop
- Dac Talks
- Childrens Summer Art Camps & Workshops
Lake Country residents share their views on news, happenings and current events.
LivingLakeCountry.com features more than a dozen community bloggers - a group of volunteer conversation leaders who are up on the latest topics and never short on an opinion. Just a few are pictured here. Check out the rest and see what they have to say!
View All Blogs
Do you want to become a Community Blogger? LivingLakeCountry.com welcomes your thoughts and opinions. Contact us for more information:
I want to blog