Pewaukee School District lowers tax levy
The Pewaukee School Board approved a tax levy Oct. 22 that was $340,000 lower than the one approved by voters at the district's annual meeting in August.
A $26.1 million tax will be levied on the School District this year as a result. That figure represents a 1.33-percent increase over last year's levy, or $341,000. District property owners will now be taxed at a rate of $11.22 per $1,000 of assessed property value.
According to a news release, the Pewaukee School District received a 39.5-percent increase in equalization aid compared to the 2011-12 school year. The district received some $455,000 more than it did a year ago, largely as a result of a reduction in operational expenditures and continued growth in student enrollment. Pewaukee added 31 students this year, the sixth straight year of growing enrollment.
Pewaukee receives little state aid as a district. It accounts for less than 6 percent of the district's overall operating revenues.
"This is good news for the taxpayers in Pewaukee School District. While this does not provide additional resources for the district, it does provide a lower levy for resident," Superintendent JoAnn Sternke said in the prepared statement.
Top stories from the Lake Country area. Tuesday afternoons and Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
AS IT APPEARED IN PRINT: PDF collection of Oconomowoc "Athletic Fields Forever" coverage.
Celebrate Lake Country
communities with stories
Do you have news or a nonprofit event that you would like to share with the community? Whether it's a community organization, a business, a local school, or a notable neighbor, we'd love to hear about it.
- 24th Annual Milwaukee/NARI Fall Home & Remodeling Show
- LEARN ABOUT COMMON CORE SEPT. 20
- Mukwonago's Bark for Life to Benefit American Cancer Society
- All God’s Children of Delafield Announces A New Playground Being Built; Special Participation Event Mon., Sept. 15
- Hamilton again on Newsweek’s “Best High Schools” list
- Public Hearing on Town of Merton Garbage Pickup
- Christ the King Church of Delafield Announces New Worship Schedule; Adds Singer/Guitarist/Songwriter Dave Gerhartz to Music Staff
- Household and Agricultural Hazardous Waste Special Collection: Saturday, September 13 – Oconomowoc
Lake Country residents share their views on news, happenings and current events.
LivingLakeCountry.com features more than a dozen community bloggers - a group of volunteer conversation leaders who are up on the latest topics and never short on an opinion. Just a few are pictured here. Check out the rest and see what they have to say!
View All Blogs
Do you want to become a Community Blogger? LivingLakeCountry.com welcomes your thoughts and opinions. Contact us for more information:
I want to blog