Game on at Delafield library
City of Delafield - It's game on at the Delafield Public Library.
On Nov. 3, the library will participate again in National Gaming Day, celebrating the fun of playing games with family, friends and other library patrons - from here and around the world.
At 2 p.m., classic board games and card games will be available to play throughout the library, said Diane Basting, the library's reference librarian. "There will also be life-sized versions of Candyland and chess to play," she added.
An array of video game systems will be available after 4 p.m., allowing gamers a more arcade-style environment with the games projected across the library walls, she said. "This year we're also having international Wii gaming tournaments during the day in which kids can play live against other kids in libraries in other countries," said Basting.
The event is from 2 p.m. to 7 p.m., for library patrons ages 6 and older.
For more information, visit www.delafieldlibrary.org or call the library, 500 Genesee St., at (262) 646-6230.
Top stories from the Lake Country area. Tuesday afternoons and Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
Celebrate Lake Country
communities with stories
Do you have news or a nonprofit event that you would like to share with the community? Whether it's a community organization, a business, a local school, or a notable neighbor, we'd love to hear about it.
- 24th Annual Milwaukee/NARI Fall Home & Remodeling Show
- LEARN ABOUT COMMON CORE SEPT. 20
- Mukwonago's Bark for Life to Benefit American Cancer Society
- All God’s Children of Delafield Announces A New Playground Being Built; Special Participation Event Mon., Sept. 15
- Hamilton again on Newsweek’s “Best High Schools” list
- Public Hearing on Town of Merton Garbage Pickup
- Christ the King Church of Delafield Announces New Worship Schedule; Adds Singer/Guitarist/Songwriter Dave Gerhartz to Music Staff
- Household and Agricultural Hazardous Waste Special Collection: Saturday, September 13 – Oconomowoc
Lake Country residents share their views on news, happenings and current events.
LivingLakeCountry.com features more than a dozen community bloggers - a group of volunteer conversation leaders who are up on the latest topics and never short on an opinion. Just a few are pictured here. Check out the rest and see what they have to say!
View All Blogs
Do you want to become a Community Blogger? LivingLakeCountry.com welcomes your thoughts and opinions. Contact us for more information:
I want to blog