Pewaukee Police Chief Ed Baumann announces retirement
The Village of Pewaukee's Chief of Police Edward M. Baumann submitted his notice of retirement from active duty to the President of the Police Commission late Friday night.
His retirement becomes effective on April 2, 2013.
"As I look backwards and reflect on a career that I have cherished, I am overwhelmed with a sense of gratitude for the privilege of serving a community so special and the honor of leading the men and women comprising one of the greatest police departments ever. Most of all, I am thankful for the love and support of my family, friends and extended family."
Chief Baumann has served the Pewaukee community for 38 years, 28 years as the Chief of Police.
"Work isn't work when you love what you're doing and whom you're doing it for," Chief Baumann said.
Top stories from the Lake Country area. Tuesday afternoons and Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
Celebrate Lake Country
communities with stories
Do you have news or a nonprofit event that you would like to share with the community? Whether it's a community organization, a business, a local school, or a notable neighbor, we'd love to hear about it.
- Macy Anderson, Dousman Resident, Joins Wallner Builders as Design Facilitator
- Waukesha County’s Mukwonago Park Dog Exercise Area Grand Opening Announced
- THANK YOU FOR SUPPORTING OUR COOKOUT FOR A CURE
- NIKOLAI STRIKES BACK
- Ameriprise Advisor, Hartland Resident, Achieves Circle of Success Recognition
- Local Chiropractors Discuss: Does Chiropractic Help Back Pain Associated with Pregnancy?
- Families can apply for free, reduced lunches
- Hamilton schools plan for start of classes
Lake Country residents share their views on news, happenings and current events.
LivingLakeCountry.com features more than a dozen community bloggers - a group of volunteer conversation leaders who are up on the latest topics and never short on an opinion. Just a few are pictured here. Check out the rest and see what they have to say!
View All Blogs
Do you want to become a Community Blogger? LivingLakeCountry.com welcomes your thoughts and opinions. Contact us for more information:
I want to blog