County project would resurface 2.5 miles of Highway F
City of Pewaukee - Waukesha County plans to resurface Highway F (Redford Boulevard) in the City of Pewaukee, and members of the community are invited to stop by tonight, Nov. 1, to learn more.
The project will rehabilitate or replace about 2.5 miles of the roadway, from the entrance to Steinhafel's Furniture, just south of I-94, to just south of Capitol Drive (Highway 190). This could include intersection improvements such as traffic signal upgrades and new guard rails or improved bridge slope paving. Resurfacing is expected to begin in spring 2014.
Some of the paving was created in 1988; other sections were created in 1977. Waukesha County Senior Civil Engineer Kevin Yanny said there have been complaints about Highway F years, and Waukesha County is working to improve the road. Officials will consider roadway geography while they're working on it, reviewing traffic signals and turn lanes, but there really aren't expected to be any major changes or additions, according to Yanny.
The county also plans to work in stages so the road can remain open during construction.
The public information meeting is scheduled for 5 to 7 p.m. tonight at Pewaukee City Hall. It will be held in an open-house format with no formal presentation. Exhibits and materials illustrating the proposed improvements and project schedule will be available for review. Project staff will also be on-hand to take comments and answer questions.
Top stories from the Lake Country area. Tuesday afternoons and Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
Click here for stories
on community pride
Do you have news or a nonprofit event that you would like to share with the community? Whether it's a community organization, a business, a local school, or a notable neighbor, we'd love to hear about it.
- Mindful Mixed Mediums Project: in Memory of Lake Country Artist, Kathy Boritzke (Hosted by The Oconomowoc Festival of the Arts), is Looking for 5th-8th Grade Visual Arts and Creative Writing Students to Participate
- CHRISTIAN CONFERENCE ADDRESSES DISPUTED TOPICS IN WAUKESHA PEWAUKEE
- Five By Design Brings Club Swing to Schauer Center
- FREE Workshops Teach Eco-friendly Methods
- Wisconsin Watercolor Society Exhibit at the Schauer Center
- "Brass at Night" concert by Milwaukee Festival Brass
- Local Youth Perform with New York Theatre Ballet in Cinderella & Other Tales
- Local Chiropractors Discuss: Are You Sitting Properly?
Lake Country residents share their views on news, happenings and current events.
LivingLakeCountry.com features more than a dozen community bloggers - a group of volunteer conversation leaders who are up on the latest topics and never short on an opinion. Just a few are pictured here. Check out the rest and see what they have to say!
View All Blogs
Do you want to become a Community Blogger? LivingLakeCountry.com welcomes your thoughts and opinions. Contact us for more information:
I want to blog