Salvation Army surpasses Red Kettle goal
Donations still under overall Christmas goal
One goal has already been met, while another one is still being pursued at The Salvation Army of Waukesha County.
As of last week, Maj. Carol Lemirand said the Red Kettle Campaign sits at $436,497.41, more than $16,000 past its goal of $420,000.
She anticipates the final number to increase even more to about $440,000 after the mini-counter kettles are brought in on Friday.
"What an outpouring of love as we meet the needs of individuals in 2013," Lemirand said.
However, regarding its overall Christmas goal, that includes the Red Kettle contributions, The Salvation Army is still $127,335 from its goal of $680,000.
But Lemirand said this total is still being calculated as people make their end-of-the-year contributions and she added that all receipts have not yet been recorded.
She indicated that The Salvation Army will have a better summary around the third week of January.
The Salvation Army gives 88 cents out of every dollar to its programs that include working with homeless shelters, community meal programs, the food pantry and utility assistance, among others.
The remainder goes toward keeping the organization running.
Top stories from the Lake Country area. Tuesday afternoons and Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
Celebrate Lake Country
communities with stories
Do you have news or a nonprofit event that you would like to share with the community? Whether it's a community organization, a business, a local school, or a notable neighbor, we'd love to hear about it.
- 24th Annual Milwaukee/NARI Fall Home & Remodeling Show
- LEARN ABOUT COMMON CORE SEPT. 20
- Mukwonago's Bark for Life to Benefit American Cancer Society
- All God’s Children of Delafield Announces A New Playground Being Built; Special Participation Event Mon., Sept. 15
- Hamilton again on Newsweek’s “Best High Schools” list
- Public Hearing on Town of Merton Garbage Pickup
- Christ the King Church of Delafield Announces New Worship Schedule; Adds Singer/Guitarist/Songwriter Dave Gerhartz to Music Staff
- Household and Agricultural Hazardous Waste Special Collection: Saturday, September 13 – Oconomowoc
Lake Country residents share their views on news, happenings and current events.
LivingLakeCountry.com features more than a dozen community bloggers - a group of volunteer conversation leaders who are up on the latest topics and never short on an opinion. Just a few are pictured here. Check out the rest and see what they have to say!
View All Blogs
Do you want to become a Community Blogger? LivingLakeCountry.com welcomes your thoughts and opinions. Contact us for more information:
I want to blog