Pewaukee overcomes Trojans' fast start
On the first possession of the game, the Trojans started from their own 30-yard line. Two plays later, they were up 6-0. On the first play from scrimmage, senior running back Mickey Morgan scampered 58 yards up the sideline. Junior running back Jameson Brock followed Morgan's big play by running the ball in from 12 yards out to give the Trojans an early lead.
In response, Pewaukee senior linebacker Doug Devoe was moved to the outside to stop the perimeter attack of the Trojans, and it worked well. The Trojans had collected 70 yards of offense on their first possession. They gained just another 70 the rest of the way.
“They were running rocket and they had trips, so they moved me outside so I could condense it and slow down so we can all break down and make the tackle,” said Devoe.
Pewaukee (5-0) had 10 penalties total, including three personal fouls.
Top stories from the Lake Country area. Tuesday afternoons and Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
Celebrate Lake Country
communities with stories
Do you have news or a nonprofit event that you would like to share with the community? Whether it's a community organization, a business, a local school, or a notable neighbor, we'd love to hear about it.
- Terri Enghofer Writes Memoir: A Lump in the Road
- Kettle Moraine Jr. Laser Baseball/Softball Club to Hold 2015 Season Tryouts
- Ninth Annual GMAC Golf Outing Tees Off Aug. 15, Benefiting Two Charities
- Waukesha BluesFest Set for Aug 8-9 - A Blues-Based Smorgasbord of Regional and National Talent and Local Artisans
- Local Chiropractors Discuss: All About Vitamin A
- SummerStage Presents “Talley’s Folley”
- Waukesha County Recycling & Water Resources: In the Community
- soothe your soul in door county, wi - blissfull yoga retreat with soul on yoga
Lake Country residents share their views on news, happenings and current events.
LivingLakeCountry.com features more than a dozen community bloggers - a group of volunteer conversation leaders who are up on the latest topics and never short on an opinion. Just a few are pictured here. Check out the rest and see what they have to say!
View All Blogs
Do you want to become a Community Blogger? LivingLakeCountry.com welcomes your thoughts and opinions. Contact us for more information:
I want to blog