Arrowhead wrestling team handles Muskego
Sure, there have been some early growing pains, but the Arrowhead wrestling team was back in the familiar winner's circle in the Classic 8 Conference opener Thursday in a 55-16 victory over league newcomer Muskego.
Wins came from some familiar faces, such as Andrew Crone at 132 (pin), Cory Cinelli at 138 (pin), Austin Yde at 145 (major decision), Mitch Berenz at 152 (pin) ad Zach Barbee at 170 (pin). Others winning were Aidan Yde at 106 (pin), Blake Weber at 113 (pin), Josh Cinelli at 160 (pin), Daniel Sorenson at 195 (pin) and Justin Wallace at 220 (pin).
"Some of our big guys have just started, so they've got some growing pains early," coach Jeremy Miller said. "But they're showing improvement. I'm definitely looking forward to seeing what they're going to be doing as we go through the year."
With one of the top football programs in the state, Miller said the football staff has supported the idea of bringing some bigger bodies to wrestling.
Crone, who won a state title as a sophomore, will look to get back to the podium after missing the top six last year. He's headed to wrestle for the University of Wisconsin next year.
"He's definitely motivated," Miller said.
Top stories from the Lake Country area. Tuesday afternoons and Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
AS IT APPEARED IN PRINT: PDF collection of Oconomowoc "Athletic Fields Forever" coverage.
Celebrate Lake Country
communities with stories
Do you have news or a nonprofit event that you would like to share with the community? Whether it's a community organization, a business, a local school, or a notable neighbor, we'd love to hear about it.
- 24th Annual Milwaukee/NARI Fall Home & Remodeling Show
- LEARN ABOUT COMMON CORE SEPT. 20
- Mukwonago's Bark for Life to Benefit American Cancer Society
- All God’s Children of Delafield Announces A New Playground Being Built; Special Participation Event Mon., Sept. 15
- Hamilton again on Newsweek’s “Best High Schools” list
- Public Hearing on Town of Merton Garbage Pickup
- Christ the King Church of Delafield Announces New Worship Schedule; Adds Singer/Guitarist/Songwriter Dave Gerhartz to Music Staff
- Household and Agricultural Hazardous Waste Special Collection: Saturday, September 13 – Oconomowoc
Lake Country residents share their views on news, happenings and current events.
LivingLakeCountry.com features more than a dozen community bloggers - a group of volunteer conversation leaders who are up on the latest topics and never short on an opinion. Just a few are pictured here. Check out the rest and see what they have to say!
View All Blogs
Do you want to become a Community Blogger? LivingLakeCountry.com welcomes your thoughts and opinions. Contact us for more information:
I want to blog