Solid first half carries KM girls
Lasers defense helps hoops team past South
Kettle Moraine's varsity girls basketball put together its best first half of basketball Dec. 14 against Waukesha South, defeating the Blackshirts at home in a Classic 8 Conference battle, 37-27. The win moved the Lasers to 4-3 overall with two games pending on Dec. 18 at Arrowhead and Dec. 21 against Mukwonago to finish out the 2012 portion of the season.
Junior guard Emma Melotik scored 10 points for Kettle Moraine. Junior forward Linley Achtenhagen scored 9 points, and freshman forward Alexandra Harris added 8 points.
"I was impressed with the way we started out on Friday," Kettle Moraine first year head girls basketball coach Janine Emmer said. "This was a game where we went to the bench and players responded, giving us big minutes."
Emmer said she loved the tenacity of Fuller on the defensive end.
"Morgan Fuller continues to play extremely hard," Emmer said. "She's a tough defender.
Still without senior forward Olivia Weber, who suffered a high ankle sprain, have their work cut out for them with a trip to Arrowhead on Tuesday, but the team has been steadily improving.
"The kids are beginning to show confidence," Emmer added.
Kettle Moraine 37, Waukesha South 27
Top stories from the Lake Country area. Tuesday afternoons and Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
AS IT APPEARED IN PRINT: PDF collection of Oconomowoc "Athletic Fields Forever" coverage.
Celebrate Lake Country
communities with stories
Do you have news or a nonprofit event that you would like to share with the community? Whether it's a community organization, a business, a local school, or a notable neighbor, we'd love to hear about it.
- 24th Annual Milwaukee/NARI Fall Home & Remodeling Show
- LEARN ABOUT COMMON CORE SEPT. 20
- Mukwonago's Bark for Life to Benefit American Cancer Society
- All God’s Children of Delafield Announces A New Playground Being Built; Special Participation Event Mon., Sept. 15
- Hamilton again on Newsweek’s “Best High Schools” list
- Public Hearing on Town of Merton Garbage Pickup
- Christ the King Church of Delafield Announces New Worship Schedule; Adds Singer/Guitarist/Songwriter Dave Gerhartz to Music Staff
- Household and Agricultural Hazardous Waste Special Collection: Saturday, September 13 – Oconomowoc
Lake Country residents share their views on news, happenings and current events.
LivingLakeCountry.com features more than a dozen community bloggers - a group of volunteer conversation leaders who are up on the latest topics and never short on an opinion. Just a few are pictured here. Check out the rest and see what they have to say!
View All Blogs
Do you want to become a Community Blogger? LivingLakeCountry.com welcomes your thoughts and opinions. Contact us for more information:
I want to blog