Ugly victory, pretty record
Lasers survive low-scoring battle, bump to 4-0
Kettle Moraine's boys basketball team might be the only state prep team in history to win a game scoring 103 points and another scoring 35 in the same span of three weeks. The undefeated Lasers will take them both.
Opening the Classic 8 Conference slate at home against Waukesha North, the Lasers held the Northstars scoreless in the fourth quarter and prevailed with a 35-30 victory. The win moved KM to 4-0 on the season, adding to their best start since 1987.
"It was a goofy game," KM coach Brad Bestor said. "We played good D and rebounded and had a solid fourth quarter."
The Lasers did hold the ball for 3:30 in one possession in the fourth to contribute to North's goose egg in the period, and Kettle Moraine was able to win after trailing by 1 point heading into the final frame.
"We just didn't shoot very well," Bestor said. "We were 3-for-14 from three, and we did get some good looks inside of their 2-3 zone, but we just missed. We missed a lot of bunnies. It's kind of a hard one to explain, just an ugly grind-it-out game."
Mitchell Oleson finished with 10 points, Mike Ottusch added 9, and Paul Miller had 8 for a team that battles Waukesha West on Friday.
Kettle Moraine 35, Waukesha North 30
Top stories from the Lake Country area. Tuesday afternoons and Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
Click here for stories
on community pride
Do you have news or a nonprofit event that you would like to share with the community? Whether it's a community organization, a business, a local school, or a notable neighbor, we'd love to hear about it.
- Mindful Mixed Mediums Project: in Memory of Lake Country Artist, Kathy Boritzke (Hosted by The Oconomowoc Festival of the Arts), is Looking for 5th-8th Grade Visual Arts and Creative Writing Students to Participate
- CHRISTIAN CONFERENCE ADDRESSES DISPUTED TOPICS IN WAUKESHA PEWAUKEE
- Five By Design Brings Club Swing to Schauer Center
- FREE Workshops Teach Eco-friendly Methods
- Wisconsin Watercolor Society Exhibit at the Schauer Center
- "Brass at Night" concert by Milwaukee Festival Brass
- Local Youth Perform with New York Theatre Ballet in Cinderella & Other Tales
- Local Chiropractors Discuss: Are You Sitting Properly?
Lake Country residents share their views on news, happenings and current events.
LivingLakeCountry.com features more than a dozen community bloggers - a group of volunteer conversation leaders who are up on the latest topics and never short on an opinion. Just a few are pictured here. Check out the rest and see what they have to say!
View All Blogs
Do you want to become a Community Blogger? LivingLakeCountry.com welcomes your thoughts and opinions. Contact us for more information:
I want to blog