Wiltz resigns as KM football coach
After just two years as head football coach at Kettle Moraine High School, Darnell Wiltz has resigned from that position, effective immediately.
Wiltz, 34, announced his resignation last Wednesday to his coaching staff and then informed his team of his decision on Thursday afternoon.
"Coach Wiltz has decided to step down as our head football coach," said KM athletic director Mike Fink said late last week. "Darnell plans to spend more time with his family and his son. Darnell will continue to teach at the high school. On behalf of the KM athletic department, the school would like to say thanks to Darnell for his time and dedication to the KM football program."
Fink said the process to hire a new football coach will begin immediately.
In his two seasons with the Lasers, Wiltz compiled a 6-11 overall mark. His team went 4-5 in 2011 and 2-6 this past fall.
Wiltz was the sixth head football coach in school history, Hugh Blank started the program in 1965 and he was followed by Dan Schober, Greg Vock, Bob Cicenas and Fink.
After Fink resigned following the 2010 season, a total of 50 applicants applied for the KM job. Wiltz eventually won that competition after a long interview process. Wiltz had previously coached in Texas.
Several calls to Wiltz were not returned.
Top stories from the Lake Country area. Tuesday afternoons and Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
Click here for stories
on community pride
Do you have news or a nonprofit event that you would like to share with the community? Whether it's a community organization, a business, a local school, or a notable neighbor, we'd love to hear about it.
- Mindful Mixed Mediums Project: in Memory of Lake Country Artist, Kathy Boritzke (Hosted by The Oconomowoc Festival of the Arts), is Looking for 5th-8th Grade Visual Arts and Creative Writing Students to Participate
- CHRISTIAN CONFERENCE ADDRESSES DISPUTED TOPICS IN WAUKESHA PEWAUKEE
- Five By Design Brings Club Swing to Schauer Center
- FREE Workshops Teach Eco-friendly Methods
- Wisconsin Watercolor Society Exhibit at the Schauer Center
- "Brass at Night" concert by Milwaukee Festival Brass
- Local Youth Perform with New York Theatre Ballet in Cinderella & Other Tales
- Local Chiropractors Discuss: Are You Sitting Properly?
Lake Country residents share their views on news, happenings and current events.
LivingLakeCountry.com features more than a dozen community bloggers - a group of volunteer conversation leaders who are up on the latest topics and never short on an opinion. Just a few are pictured here. Check out the rest and see what they have to say!
View All Blogs
Do you want to become a Community Blogger? LivingLakeCountry.com welcomes your thoughts and opinions. Contact us for more information:
I want to blog